Sign in to follow this  

DRZ throttle too quick

I have 2003 KLX400S (DRZ) with Yosh pipe and JD jet kit. I've regeared to 14/48 for hills. My problem is the throttle comes on too quick to comfortably ride slow technical trails or stay with the kids on those rides. Is this fixable by changing the needle position?

Thanks

I have 2003 KLX400S (DRZ) with Yosh pipe and JD jet kit. I've regeared to 14/48 for hills. My problem is the throttle comes on too quick to comfortably ride slow technical trails or stay with the kids on those rides. Is this fixable by changing the needle position?

Thanks

The problem you have is a good one, and requires more throttle control practice. You could also change you throttle tube to a G2 to slow down the pull of the cables.

Needle will do nothing good.

As Krannie said , it's usually about throttle control, it's got nothing to do with your needle.....

If the cable it gunked up, it won't be helping...could try removing the cable from the carb to check its operation... If its notchy or kinked , replace it......

Thanks for your reply. Even as I wrote that post I was thinking this was more an issue of my throttle control and clutch skills than the bike.