Sign in to follow this  

Slight oil drip near kickstart

On my ktm 620 egs. Any likely suspects? And if for example it's the sel behind the sprocket is it an easy DIY fix?

If it is coming out of the kickstart then it is probably the seal. Not a hard fix, you need to pull the cover off and pop the seal out. You need to figure out exactly where the oil is coming from first though.

yep , just a seal.

Edited by Ronus

Thank you very much. Im so pleased to have had replies all ready as iv joined other forums and not had much luck. I'm new I all this coming from road bikes.

Now then I grabbed a pic. (excuse the filthy bike!)

0644ab1b.jpg

It's only dripped the once but obviously I know realise it's the opposite side to the sprocket! I'm gonna give it a really good clean over the weekend the. Keep an eye on it but won't be using it too soon as te forks are leaking too :-( lol

Right iv got the fork seals done and been for an awesome ride today however there is still a slight leak here. Am I better doing this at the same time as an oil change (does the oil need to be drained?) are any special tools required and finally where can I source a seal for this or what is it called?