Sign in to follow this  

'02 cr250 wont start

tried everything, has spark, has compression, has gas, gas is on, everything is right. but when i try to kick it it just make a backfireing popping sound and will not start, i even tried pull starting it. any ideas on things to check?

tried everything, has spark, has compression, has gas, gas is on, everything is right. but when i try to kick it it just make a backfireing popping sound and will not start, i even tried pull starting it. any ideas on things to check?

how your plug look??kinda sounds liek it sucking air from somewhere to me if it back fires but dont feel bad mine wont crank either it fouls a plug by jusy kicking

I've never had that problem but if its not your plug check your flywheel, i haven't experienced it but I've read that a loose flywheel can cause that symptom also, dont ask me how, i have no idea

when was the last time the bike ran? been awhile? could be pluged up jets in the carb if so...

how did it run the last time it was running?

did you try a brand new plug? just because the old plugs sparks doesn't mean it's good...

when was the last time the bike ran? been awhile? could be pluged up jets in the carb if so...

how did it run the last time it was running?

did you try a brand new plug? just because the old plugs sparks doesn't mean it's good...

yes i have 3 brand new plugs and i tried them all, also i was running 2 days before.

Since u have done a spark test, i would move on to fuel or air.. u sound like u know ur bike so ur air filter is clean. I would take the carb off, check all ur jets, blow them out with compressed air, check ur float level.. and while u have the carb off, check the reeds. but its most likely clogged jets or ur float level is off.. it only takes 1 piece of dirt to stop the fuel flow..and u said it backfires.. that could mean its getting the spark but not enough fuel to ignite.. hope this helps, let us know after u check these things

I've never had that problem but if its not your plug check your flywheel, i haven't experienced it but I've read that a loose flywheel can cause that symptom also, dont ask me how, i have no idea

I second that. A loose flywheel could cause your timing to be off and could cause it to backfire like you described. I would check the woodruff key under the flywheel and the timing marks on the stator.

take carb apart and make sure its getting gas...even a little bit of gum can cause the bowl to not fill...was what was wrong with mine after sitting for about 6 weeks...started on the 2nd kick afterwards...

I second that. A loose flywheel could cause your timing to be off and could cause it to backfire like you described. I would check the woodruff key under the flywheel and the timing marks on the stator.

the nut holding my flywheel came loose and the flywheel sheered the woodruff key. causing the same issues. i had spark but it wasnt consistant. i fixed it and she fired right up. i locked tighted the nut. but after i tore it down last night, i noticed the nut came loose again.

id check your flywheel. couldnt hurt and takes only a minute.:lol:

Its a long shot , but check your carb vent tubes. One time my bike wouldnt start, I found that one of my vent tubes was crushed flat from being wedged in between my bike stand and the skid plate.Good luck