Sign in to follow this  

crf150r vs ktm 150sx

im 15 but im only 5,2 id like to think im a pretty decent rider i currently ride a crf 150r 07 big wheel, my buddy who is a 2 stroke junky is up grading to a ktm 150sx my dad is willing to get one for me but honestly i think its too much bike ive riddden a 125 ktm around a track and did ok but i really just went around the turn medium speed and gunned it, im debating wheather to ride my crf one more season or ride the ktm the only way to start it is to have somthing under my left foot like a berm or rock, i was wondering your guys opinion, one last thing my friends argument between 2s and 4s is that my 4s will promote a lazy riding style, but when he talks of a larger bike he says im forcing around my little crf when and ktm would pull you around the track much better and it just takes you, that seems like a lazy ridning style if you ask me but what ever,please give me some advice im right in the middle of being to small and to big what should i do?:lol:

If you feel that your 150R is good for another year by all means keep it.As far as 4stroke being for lazy riders or making you lazy,thats not true at all.A 4srokes power is just more easy to control and ride,2stoke MX bikes you need to be on the pipe more to make power.Some people are even faster around the track on 4strokes than they would be on two strokes,it just depends on your riding style.If you like the power delivery of 4strokes than when you move up I would go for a 250f.Remember you ride your bike not your buddy,get what you want.By the way most modern tracks are set up for 4strockes anyways so get what you want and have fun.

I race hare scrambles and when I was 15 I went from my 150rb to a KTM 200. It was a lot at first but it only took a couple of rides to get comfortable on and back up to speed. I will say that I'm glad that i didn't keep my 150 for one one year to race the super mini class because i like riding the KTM and I am faster and more confident on it.