2012 250 SX springs

Had mine done a few weeks ago had a 5.6 rear. Stock front 44s stayed in.

But the front would not hook up good.

So I took it back to the guy that did it hes installing a 5.8 rear cost is on him and 48s front that's on me. Going to be at the track sat and sun to get it setup.

I think with the 5.6 and the 44s the bike was unbalanced tryed the sag and other settings just would not stick in the corners.

My weight 205 lbs no gear and ride motocross 90% of the time.

Ill post back and let you know how the bike is after this weekend.

My suspension guy is great he coming out to the track sat to bring me my bike and help me set it up cant ask more then that?

I'm 175 and ride mx only, int. speed. The local track gets alot of breaking bumps and square edges coming into the turns and the suspension was very harsh and didn't want to hardly move at all. Backed off the clickers front and rear about 6 clicks or so on compression and rebound. The bike is very plush now, doesn't kick in the rear anymore and has not bottomed out either. The other guys at the track have told me they had to do the same to there's because the suspension is tight for the first few rides and then stiffen it up as you go. The bike corners very well and feels very balanced for me and the type of track I ride at. Haven't checked the sag yet, letting it loosen up a little more. Only have 3 rides on it so far.

Weigh 155 with gear, ride mx Vet A rider , have 5.2 shock .42 forks, run 105mm sag. Could only get 90mm sag with stock and wouldn't fall into corners, now corners great. I've also revalved forks for better breaking and accelartion bumps and I'm quite pleased now.

ron731, 5.8 rear is probably going to be to much for your weight. try 5.6 rear with .48 front,, should balance it out nicely depending on how it is valved.

I hope the 5.8 is not to much. Heck I just got it installed ?

Have not tested it out yet.

Had a 5.6 and 44s in the front and was way out of balance. OR at lest the front was to soft.

With gear I am around 225 maybe 230 so I hope I did not go to much on the rear?

Was thinking if the back is good and the front is to stiff I may do a 48 in one lag and a 46 in the other.

Ill report back soon about the setup.

What rider sag should I be looking for and the bike free sag ?

Thanks Ron.

I go 185 w/o gear 215 with Offroad guys carry about 30lb of gear

I called several shops.

I ride off road ST, my passion is the technical stuff. Expert class

One shop two different guys gave me two differnet answers. ONe was .46 and 5.7/5.8 the other guy said keep it stock. .44 and 5.4

ANother shop said 4.6 and 5.7

and yet another said keep it stock again.

I just had the suspension done and havent tried it yet and YES I kept the stock springs on.

Side note. Do NOT use Race Techs spring calculator. They told me themselves that they're wrong.

I set the sag on mine to 100 mm. i weigh about 150 without gear. one thing i noticed is that the bike seems to sit really high on the rear, i can't even put both feet on the ground at the same time. the forks also felt stiff and i tried messing with comp and rebound, but now the fork seems to ride in the stiffer part of the stroke more often. i only have 4 rides on mine, so i'm going to try to break it in some more before spending money on suspension

Heres a link for other spring rates on TT...

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10807113#post10807113

Front: .46 in one leg, .48 in the other

Rear: 5.8 rear

Bike: 2012 KTM 250xc

Rider: 205lb, Expert HS/CC

I was running a 100mm of sag, went to 98mm, then to 96mm, back to 98mm. I also removed the steering stop nuts and added a GPR stabilizer.

ron, sag is a preference thing...i go for 30-34 static sag which is 106-108 race sag for me.

I got my bike back sat and the rider sag is 100mm and the bike sag is 25mm

Feels good in the turn's just harsh on the breaking bumps.

Now I get arm pump after a few laps.

is that 100mm in riding gear or regular clothing? if its 100 with rider gear try taking a round out of the rear spring and give that a try.

Went to 104mm on the rider sag Bike sag is now 35mm

Bike is just harsh in the breaking bumps. I may do a 46. in one and leave the 48.

in the other. How much fork oil you running ?

Ron.