Sign in to follow this  

2002 VOR 450 EN - value?

I have a friend with a small collection of exotic thumpers. He brought this VOR to me a few months ago along with a 37mm Keihin FCR carb/throttle/cables from a parted out YZ250F. I went through the carb and installed a Honda CRF450 AP diaphragm and needle. I fabbed an air boot and added a K&N air filter. The bike fires right up and runs perfect. This bike has very low hours, the engine sounds nice and tight, and everything else is in very good condition. The bad news is that the electric starter does not work. I'm not sure what is wrong, but the bike fires right up in 1 or 2 kicks hot or cold. This bike is now for sale, and I wanted to test the market and see what it might be worth as is or parted out. All opinions and suggestions are welcome. What say you?

bikeleft1.jpg

bikeright1.jpg

bikeright4.jpg

unfortunately, VOR's are worth more parted these days than whole... IMO anyway. That bike is nice, but wouldn't pay more than $2500... exotics are tough and parts scarce exotics are even tougher to sell. Good luck.

thx for the reply....do you know of a VOR site where I might find some collectors?

not off the top of my head... a few others with more input will surely chime in. I had an 01 503 and it was tough back in those days. These bikes still have a small following, but as the bikes dwindle for lack of parts, then so do the enthusiasts... keep it fresh here, Marks Vintage Swap Meet and of course the online auction site. It may be "worth" more to somebody that has been looking for something like this, but finding that person will require lots of computer time.

That bike sure is nice, a pity that these bikes are in the situation they are because of parts...

I couldn't sell mine for the life of me... They are a hell of a bike but people can't get past the big 5 half the time... I tell people I have a VOR and they ask if it is a Honda; makes me \want to slap someone.

I would think it would be very hard to part that bike out and sell more than 10% of the parts. You are better off selling it as a whole if you want to get rid of it all. There just aren't enough VORs out there to need all the parts off yours. As for value, I have no clue. To the average buyer I would say somewhere around $1500 because most people want to stick with more well known brands, but to the right guy who wants something different you may be able to get $2500. Just put it on craigslist with a slightly high price if you aren't in a hurry to sell and keep lowering it until you start hearing the phone ring.

I couldn't sell mine for the life of me... They are a hell of a bike but people can't get past the big 5 half the time... I tell people I have a VOR and they ask if it is a Honda; makes me \want to slap someone.

I saw a engine rebuild in your garage fotos.......how long ago was that, and where did you get your parts? Looking for any possible sources for a sale.

DBM

Thank you for the link. I sent PM's to Chuck and Matter to see if they had any ideas too. Gotta be someone out there that needs parts. This bike has about 5 hours run time since new.

I can e-mail more pix if needed

dbm14@tampabay.rr.com

I need a radiator and the left side bar controls (Lights/Horn/Signal switch)... :bonk:

I would love to have the entire bike really but Washington State University's rapidly increasing tuition charges is really killing me.... Go Cougs!

I need a radiator and the left side bar controls (Lights/Horn/Signal switch)...

I would love to have the entire bike really but Washington State University's rapidly increasing tuition charges is really killing me.... Go Cougs!

Make me a reasonable offer, and pay for shipping and it is yours. I am a carpenter, and would be glad to mount on a skid and deliver to the trucking depot.

dbm14@tampabay.rr.com

I wish man, I wish. If you decide to part it out, let me know. I might be interested in some parts.... Shipping would be a bit though. I had a debilitating wrist injury though that resulted in severe carpal tunnel so I don't know if I will repair my bike or part it out... riding hurts a lot, sucks when something you love so much causes pain haha. I need some sort of vibration dampening handlebars... I can probably design something, practicing engineers for the win.

I wish man, I wish. If you decide to part it out, let me know. I might be interested in some parts.... Shipping would be a bit though. I had a debilitating wrist injury though that resulted in severe carpal tunnel so I don't know if I will repair my bike or part it out... riding hurts a lot, sucks when something you love so much causes pain haha. I need some sort of vibration dampening handlebars... I can probably design something, practicing engineers for the win.

Dang it....that sux about your wrist. Check out this link.....expensive, but may keep you in the game. Use the softest dampers and take it easy.

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/FASST-COMPANY-FLEXX-HANDLEBARS-OVERSIZED-118

Dang it....that sux about your wrist. Check out this link.....expensive, but may keep you in the game. Use the softest dampers and take it easy.

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/FASST-COMPANY-FLEXX-HANDLEBARS-OVERSIZED-118

I like the sound of the product description! "Significantly reduces vibration!" Thanks for the link to those bars!