Sign in to follow this  

Would you run this tire? (pic)

I'm getting a new rear tire for x-mas, but I was wondering if I should run this one for a while more or just go ahead and change it out. I'm not a real aggresive rider. I mainly ride trails with my 8 year old son.

Here's the tire:

DSCF1970.jpg

What say the masses?:lol:

Edited by zlathim

Change it out fast and send that one to me! No, seriously, that tire has a ton of life left. Don't waste it.

• Like 1

might aswell wear it out before you switch to your new one, but would be nice having a shiney new one for the new year too. it's upto you, but if you hang it on the workshop wall as a spare it may never get fully used.

• Like 1

From the photo it looks to have 75% of its life still in it. You wouldn't order a steak at a restaurant and only eat a quarter of it, would you?

• Like 1

That tire looks great! Looks just like mine after one season of riding, maybe mine is slightly more rounded.

• Like 1

You guys realize that the bottom photo is what it looked like 6 months ago and the top photo is the tire now, right? Nevermind, I removed the other pic.

Just checking, cause you just about have me talked out of getting a tire at all.

I think a little more twisty action on the right handgrip is needed to wear that bugger down , it looks great and will probably last you another year.

• Like 1

You guys realize that the bottom photo is what it looked like 6 months ago and the top photo is the tire now, right? Nevermind, I removed the other pic.

Just checking, cause you just about have me talked out of getting a tire at all.

If I were just play riding I would run it.

I can't really tell how rounded it is, but for a race tire, personally it's due.

looks fine to me, actually it's better than mine right now...damm now you got me thinking I need a new tire. but for just play riding I will run them down till they are for sure done unless I come across a good deal on a new one.