Sign in to follow this  

Bought an old friend today.

Captain America has returned to the stable!

I bought this '87 XR200R brand new in 1989. Beat the crap out of it for over a decade, bored it 20 over, then sold it to a friend.

Said friend calls this week saying he's gonna sell it, so I scooped it up. He had fixed it up quite a bit, his wife rode it twice, & it's still nearly all original. Fires first kick & looks 10 times better than when I sold it. Lots of memories on this sucker.

The girlfriend should be pleased that I'm replacing the beater she currently rides. (Also an '87 XR200R, but half as nice.) I feel like I've been reunited with an old faithful friend. :)

homecomingo.jpg

Here's a shot of me on it from the early 90's. Notice how most of the bike was stained red... I rarely washed it. :lol: I'll be treating it right from now on.

tc2in0.jpg

I bet that thing is a dog! JKJK!! I see you like the XR's! That's really cool.

I bought a 98 cr250r 4 years ago, went of to college and needed rent $ so I sold her :/ well I just so happened to let my buddy ride it back in the day, apparently it had went through 2 owners and he calls me a couple months back and tells me his friend currently owns it and it's sitting in his garage. I got up the $ REAL quick and amazingly the guy was willing to sell. I think the previous owner just owned it to say he owned it, and go out and sit on it and make the noises type of guy.

Nothing had been touched on the bike. Still had the same air filter, spark plug, chain, sprocket, TIRES...EVERYTHING...which is bad but with 2 shitty owners good thing all it did was sit. The thing still screams and were currently rebuilding EVERYTHING. This bike will be better than ever and it already looks real sharp.

I completely know how you feel right now. It's been 2 months of having her back and I still can't hardly believe I own her again :lol:

Funny how we can become attached to certain things. If this little 200 ain't a dog, it sure isn't for lack of me dogging it. I put that bike through 10+ years of pure punishment & it never left me stranded. In fact, I towed several bikes and one quad out of the woods with it over the years. Toughest machine I've ever owned.