Sign in to follow this  

Hammehead Shift Lever Questions???

So I just got my Hammerhead shifter in today and got a few q's about it.

its for a 2008 yz250....but yet "YZF" is printed right under the Hammerhead decal.....???? did i get the wrong one?

2nd is I got the +10mm shifter and it looks hardly even as long as the stock one....? wut am i missing? shouldnt it look quite a bit longer lol?

id appreciate if anyone else knew from installing their own....thanks every1:worthy:

Cross-check the part numbers of stock shift levers. I'd be willing to bet that the YZF uses the same shift lever as your YZ. With the YZF being more prevalent these days, they printed that on the lever.

Hammerhead varies the length of the shift lever with interchangeable flex tips. I'm guessing a 0 would be directly in line with the pivot point and your plus 10 is 10mm forward of the pivot point. As for overall length, you'll just have to measure shift shaft to tip length.

(Tried linking pics but TT gave me ****** in place of the website name. Stupid.)

yeah i tried to fit it and the hammerhead looks even shirter. i called the place i bought it and they said |yzf| interchanges, thanks myster. its kinda hard to explain but the overall length of the stock vs +10mm hammwerhead shifter looks exactly the same, maybe stock even a bit bigger. but if you hold the pivot points above each other, the hammerhead sticks out further but then appear to be shorter in overal length. im real confused

The overall length isn't what the +10mm designates. The +10mm means that form the pivot point (where the bolt goes through) the HH is 10mm (less than 1/2") longer than stock.