Sign in to follow this  

Mrd ssw carbon

With all the MRD SSW user on here, has anyone fitted the carbon end cap to there system, if so, are there any pictures. Also can the PRO COMP 2 internals be retro fitted to an excisting MRD SSW.

Cheers Scott.

I don't see why it can't be retro fitted you can now buy it will either end cap. Pics of the Carbon are on the MRD website.

I don't think there have been any sold yet..... But I'm sure Dave will bust or verify this. I believe the Pro comp 2 tip is a bit longer and the exit hole not as big as on the SSW. As to the retrofit or just buying the CF cone..... He will need to weigh in as I believe he will focus on the whole pipe sale...at least until he has plenty of CF cones....... Must be a slow CF cone vendor.....:):banghead:

:lol::thumbsup:

Erling

Edit: Either can have the CF cone.... But they are just a little different in length..... The statement above is for the pro comp 2 generally.... Not native to the SSW system.

What's the point??? I guess I don't get it. It's a small end cap to begin with. What does CF get you?

What's the point??? I guess I don't get it. It's a small end cap to begin with. What does CF get you?

A weight reduction of 38 grams.....on the complete system....:lol::thumbsup:

Erling

Some might argue the looks...... But that is biased.......

IMG_0420-1.jpg

But one cant run from the weight savings......

IMG_0411-2.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

This was an early cone.... The weight is now 23 grams....+/-1 gram...

:lol::thumbsup:

Erling

It's carbon fiber, and anything carbon fiber can only make you faster.

That's all I need!

you can get the carbon fiber tip on the SSW/MRD , but the Procomp II internals only fit the Procomp

I don't see why it can't be retro fitted you can now buy it will either end cap. Pics of the Carbon are on the MRD website.

the Procomp II internals dont work in the SSW/MRD muffler because the muffler inlet on the Procomp is 2" and the inlet on the SSW/MRD is 2 1/4" , you can get a carbon fiber tip for either , but they have different size holes through them that is why the SSW/MRD tip is a little shorter

you are killing me .......... jk :lol:

LoL!!:banghead:

The CF tips are going to set-off your product/craftsmanship, Dave. Not that they're not already top notch. :cheers::):smirk:

A weight reduction of 38 grams.....on the complete system....:lol::thumbsup:

Erling

And thats somehow important on a 300+ pound motorcycle? :banghead: If your just honest and say your buying it for looks I can understand that. :)

And thats somehow important on a 300+ pound motorcycle? :banghead: If your just honest and say your buying it for looks I can understand that. :lol:

I'm assuming it's just a pure bling factor of the CF tip, and being just a tad lighter, is an added bonus.:)

And thats somehow important on a 300+ pound motorcycle? :cheers: If your just honest and say your buying it for looks I can understand that. :lol:

No.... not to me.... My shoes weigh more than the entire SSW system......:smirk: No I would not BUY it for looks......:foul::smirk: I doo think it looks phenomenal though..... :ride::lol:... Being honest here.....:banghead:

:):thumbsup:

Erling

LoL!!:cheers:

The CF tips are going to set-off your product/craftsmanship, Dave. Not that they're not already top notch. :smirk::lol::ride:

that is what I am thinking :) it's just an option for guy's that like a little bling , thanks :banghead: ....... I might think the small weight diff. meant more if my feet were as big as Erling's :foul:

Thanks, for the replies guys. Yes, I would only be doing it for the bling factor that's why I was curious if it could be added to an existing MRD SSW and what it looks like on a bike from different angles. On a different note, Dave, would you be considering making pro comp 2 MRD SSW's or don't you think there is the demand.

Cheers Scott.

Thanks, for the replies guys. Yes, I would only be doing it for the bling factor that's why I was curious if it could be added to an existing MRD SSW and what it looks like on a bike from different angles. On a different note, Dave, would you be considering making pro comp 2 MRD SSW's or don't you think there is the demand.

Cheers Scott.

the SSW/MRD is designed to support highly modded DRZ engines and changing the muffler from a straight 2 1/4" dia. core to the smaller dia. Procomp II core would defeat the purpose of the pipes design

that is what I am thinking :lol: it's just an option for guy's that like a little bling , thanks :) ....... I might think the small weight diff. meant more if my feet were as big as Erling's :smirk:

Your not kidding..... My Scandinavian troll feet are humongous..... Kind of like a hobbit foot......:lol::ride::foul::banghead::thumbsup:

At some point I'd be glad to perhaps make the procomp cone fit the diameter of the SSW core.... Just a thought for the future...... But when I experimented with the system.... I found it very sensitive to even 1 inch increase in length.... slightly flowing less..... Just food for thought.....:cheers:

Erling

the SSW/MRD is designed to support highly modded DRZ engines and changing the muffler from a straight 2 1/4" dia. core to the smaller dia. Procomp II core would defeat the purpose of the pipes design

Thanks Dave, makes sense, was just curious. So at this stage am I right in thinking that the carbon tip will not fit the SSW?