Sign in to follow this  

stock pipe or aftermarket???

generally speaking, on a cr125 (93) what is better to run a stock pipe or a aftermarket? and why? is one better for low end than the other?

I had the stock pipe on my cr 250 95 model then i changed it to a fmf fatty , huge difference way better throttle response way more bottom end and overall goes alot harder then ever before , but i would say that the stock ones would be alot stronger

If you looking for more low end hit and your looking to do it with a pipe. The fatty or pro circuit platnium pipes are going to be your best choice as they give you more power through out the whole rpm range. But to really get bottom power out of a 125 your best bet is flywheel weights or a big bore kit that way you can get more lug out of you motor because 125's are built to be more of a screamer in the higher rpms than to just lug around down low.

Go on motosport.com type in ur model and then look at all the different pipes and peoples reviews

thanks, i'll do that.

Go on motosport.com type in ur model and then look at all the different pipes and peoples reviews

Sorry I need to disAgree with Motosport reviews...

This is great to see what pipes are still made for your bike and the general overview of the pipe. but dont rely on the Motosport reviews for deciding why's best for you.. The reviews is Everyone who has the pipe, just because it works great for someone with a banshee doesn't mean it will work for your needs on 93 125... Most likely non of the reviews are made by someone with your bike... Your doing the right thing by searching thumpertalk. Also check out what's available on eBay.. Brand new pipes are crazy expensive. If you find a nice used one, even with some dents it can be repaired to like new condition for fairly cheap..

Sorry I need to disAgree with Motosport reviews...

check out what's available on eBay.. Brand new pipes are crazy expensive. If you find a nice used one, even with some dents it can be repaired to like new condition for fairly cheap..

hey chill, thats what i did, found a fmf gold series and a procircut (not the platinum) for 60 buks and shipping for both. so i bought both:smirk:the fmf has a pretty big deep dent at the beginning of the BIG part, procircut has slight dent and a pinhole where their PC plate weld snapped off!!! i'll tryin fix them buy myself maybe if not i'll send then to Pacific Crest Pipe. thanks.