Stuck Cylinder Bolt.

The last cylinder bolt on my YZ is STUCK. And I mean STUCK. Broke my 3/8 ratchet on it and well as you can see I rolled it a little. There is still plenty of bite when I fit my 14mm socket over it, but I'm afraid to torque it and round it out.

I've already hit it with PB Blaster and used a pipe over the ratchet. Nothing. Should I try heating it if I can find someone with a torch? Or possibly tighten down the other again to take some pressure off it. I soaked it in PB and am going to let it sit over night.

Only problem is, I'm scared to round it out so it's sort of (need to get it in 1 try) type deal.

Photo0754.jpg

Get some Kroil. Best stuff ever invented for stuck fasteners. I got some six point Kobalt sockets at Lowes when I was out of town and didn't have what I needed working on my son in law's car, and they weren't that expensive, and I swear they have a tighter tolerance fit than anything else I have ever used. No slip, and even have to tap them on a rusty nut. I like them.

Even heating with a propane torch is better than nothing (3600F)...you won't get it glowing hot, but you'll heat it up.

Even better, get a MAPP gas torch and tank for ~$40 (5300F)

632559_front200.jpg

I think my dad has a mapp torch. I'll keep you guys updated.

you BROKE your 3/8 drive ratchet doing that? you need better tooling. I wasn't there for the event but you shouldn't be breaking a ratchet on a fastener like that.

I concur.

But, I've shelled out Crapsman ratchets on less daunting challenges than a dirt bike cylinder head nut.

AAAAAnRD7ywAAAAAABMAEQ.jpg?v=1164189602000

These are only useful for causing injury-whether it be to the user's knuckles when the guts shred, or for throwing at someone's head.