Sign in to follow this  

damage after swamping

tore my bikes motor down last night. its a 96 kx 250. i had swamped it a month or so ago in some muddy, sandy water. i have to replace the crank bearings which are already new. i had just put in a new wiseco crank kit. the power valves were almost impossible to remove. the plating in the intake side of the cylinder was completely gone, bare aluminum, around the ports all the way to the bottom of the cylinder. you can see where there was an extreme cool down around the exhaust port. a clear color difference on the plating. on top of it all, i lost a wrist pin clip. dont know where it went but it was in there and seated when i put it together.:lol:

Wow I guess I have been lucky, I have swamped mine a few times and have been around at least 20 other people drowning their bikes and have never had a problem. Good luck with it.

Ed

yeah it is pretty nasty. i did eventually get it running, but i am glad i didnt keep it running. the piston shows clear signs that it was trying to become one with the cylinder.:) oh well, im not worried about it. it needed to be replated anyhow. i have big plans anyway with it. "big" being the key word :lol: