Sign in to follow this  

California Soboba grand prix

Just want to take a minute to invite everyone to check out this years SOBOBA GRAND PRIX. This is my second year racing and first year being involved with the track set up.Race is set in the hills of the San Jacinto mts, on the Soboba Reservation.Great MX section combined with about 10 miles of various terrain.Race has a Pro Payout of 20k to be divided in three classes.Go to www.sobobagrandprix.com for more info and registration, or IM me.I am gonna be there for all three days, gonna be a sweeper for kids race on Friday and am bringing our trailer by with Dave Turner from GET DIRTY DIRTBIKES. He will have a display of new BETA dirtbikes there.

I haven't seen anybody post up anything about this year's ride....so I suppose I will :)

I had a great time, met a lot of great people, and my dual sport 310 finished both loops. Special thanks to the '55 Ford girl for showing me around :thumbsup:

Edited by Slackkinhard

I haven't seen anybody post up anything about this year's ride....so I suppose I will :)

I had a great time, met a lot of great people, and my dual sport 310 finished both loops. Special thanks to the '55 Ford girl for showing me around :thumbsup:

Yea, I was waiting for a ride report on how it went this year. At least the weather wasn't a factor this year.

Clear blue skies, about 65F by event end. I couldn't have asked for better conditions....it had rained recently and the dust was minimal. I was there when the gate opened and got my bike up in the first few rows at about 5am. First lap was pretty fast and flowing, the creek crossings weren't a problem and it took a little under 2hrs. Came back and gassed up, went socializing with my newfound friend the 55 Ford girl(20yr vet of the Soboba)...ran into lots of folks I knew from years past, and was introduced to many more. 2nd lap was quite a bit more technical. Took us up high in the rock country. Lots of long straight climbs and drops, spine riding and wash blasting. Got a little tired of the scrub brush scraping the skin off my body, but it came to an end in about 3hrs.

Lookin forward to next year :thumbsup:

Edited by Slackkinhard
  • Like 1

That's such a great ride. I did it a couple

of years a go. Nor-cal guys need to put this ride on there bucket list.