Sign in to follow this  

xr650r insurance

I'm looking at picking up a 650r that's already plated in my state (TN). Are there any issues with getting a converted dirt bike insured? Does the ® mean $$$ for insurance?

Call your insurance agent first and ask for a quote for insurance on the bike. I have had bikes before that were challenging to insure. Best to check first.

$99.00 a year through geico is the cheapest i have found for liability.i may up my coverage though to get some theft protection id hate to get my beloved pig stolen.

If it's cheap in NJ, it's cheap everywhere. No problems with mine either.

Progressive costs me $250 a year, but I get full coverage in SoCal. Even made sure if I wreck it off-road they still cover it.

$100 a year from Foremost Insurance for liability. My Farmers Agent does not do bikes, so he hooked me up with Foremost. Lots of reviews about them on ADVrider. They seem pretty good. This is my first year with them.

$90 a year from Progressive in SC and had no problems what so ever (87 XR600). State Farm didn't have a clue what to do with my bike and screwed it up royally. Ended up switching everything to Progressive after being with State Farm 20 years. However I've found it pays to check multiple companies as I can't make sense as to why some are high or some are low for certain people. Clay

It defiantly pays to call around. Couple yrs ago I had progressive, $160 yr for my zx12r and xrl, liability, then they raised it to $220, no claims or tickets, and I called, they said thats the lowest they can go, I said (I guess somebody has to pay for that annoying Flo chick thats on every channel, every 5 minutes). After calling many Ins Co, all around the same price, I called Nationwide, zx12r and xrl, just liability, $105 yr. Hell the xrl is only $40 yr, the zx12r is $65 yr.