Sign in to follow this  

KDX250 engine into a KX ??

not a 125 frame without cutting out the cradle, fabbing a new one and welding it in along with all the motor mounts. then youll have to make the swingarm pivot fit the engine, this may or may not require milling the cases for width and drilling or sleeving the hole to the proper diameter. then you have the carb and intake to line up, may need an adapter made to reduce a diameter, the exhaust will probably require new brackets be made, bends changed etc. a 250 frame would be the same minus the cradle work. ignition system would be swapped over and wiring routing made to work. etc etc etc

nothing close to a direct swap

not a 125 frame without cutting out the cradle, fabbing a new one and welding it in along with all the motor mounts. then youll have to make the swingarm pivot fit the engine, this may or may not require milling the cases for width and drilling or sleeving the hole to the proper diameter. then you have the carb and intake to line up, may need an adapter made to reduce a diameter, the exhaust will probably require new brackets be made, bends changed etc. a 250 frame would be the same minus the cradle work. ignition system would be swapped over and wiring routing made to work. etc etc etc

nothing close to a direct swap

Killjoy....:lol:

googled it as well ,seems that fitting into a 250 frame a lot easier:banghead: anyone know of the guy putting the kdx200 engine in 125 frames ? just something i saw will searching ,tho you make it sound SO complicated :bonk: prob not worth the aggro ..... will it fit a 89 rm250 frame ?? a friends got 1 in bits... :smirk: rubber side down

googled it as well ,seems that fitting into a 250 frame a lot easier:banghead: anyone know of the guy putting the kdx200 engine in 125 frames ? just something i saw will searching ,tho you make it sound SO complicated :bonk: prob not worth the aggro ..... will it fit a 89 rm250 frame ?? a friends got 1 in bits... :smirk: rubber side down

you mean like my 01 hybrid? see my garage. i have an 01 kx125 with 99 kx250 suspension parts and a 98 kdx200 motor. the 200s are based off late 80s kx125 bottom ends, they are very similar in shape and size. go to the kawi 2 stroke forum sticky page there is a kx/kdx hybrid how to thread of my bike before i bought it from ebeck.