Sign in to follow this  

New to me

Hey guys, picked up a 2006 husqvarna tc 450, love it!!! but what I need to know is where do I go to buy shims for a valve adjustment. First husky I have owned so not real sure where is best for maintenance supplies. Do I have to find a dealer and go through them or is there a outside source that is a little more reasonable for parts. Just asking cause I do not know and haven't had time to go through all post yet.

I know that the klr forem has a floating shim kit,just a bunch of shims that can be mailed, you buy a number of different shims, get the shim kit, and what you don't use, you put in the kit, pull out the ones you need that are in the kit. Any thing like that available.

Live up in the Mountains of Arizona, nothing here, 4 hours to phoenix is really the closest moto ammenities

Same shims as the jap bikes. 9.48mm I belive and order just what you need as these Husky's don't move much.

All 4 of my valves (2010 TE 450) have moved twice, in 6000 miles. I had gotten the Hot Cams kit and I'm glad I did, I can also rent the kit out if someone close to me needs it, they pay me $10 and put their old shims in the kit and soon, I'll have it paid off.

shims3.jpg

Person on eBay sell these shims separately and not bad pricing. A lot less $$, unless you have several different bikes using same size shims.