Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Whats up with the FMF "Naked Truth" ads?

Referring to the "No Decal" ads in the Moto Rags... So is this in reference to RV2 and Mike Fisher switching to the FMF pipe, the championships, Mikes departure from the team???????

Monster sponsors Kawi, when they found out that FMF was going to release an energy drink they freaked, Kawi started removing the FMF badges to keep monster happy. The add is basically FMF giving everyone the finger.

Yeah its basically FMF wanting everyone to know Monster Kawisaki ran our pipes with the logos peeled off (naked) and won championships. I don't know *** FMF was thinking coming out with an energy drink though.... I even like a lot of energy drinks and the FMF stuff if awful. I can't see them continuing to sell that crap for much longer.

From what I understand the energy drink deal was already in the works before the Kawasaki deal where they switched from Pro-circuit to FMF pipes. I don't see the big deal with leaving the logos on. To me the logos on the pipe are advertising pipes not energy drinks. Everybody knew they were FMF pipes anyway so what did leaving the logo on hurt? I think it's a bunch of bull anyway that Monster is so paranoind that someone will see FMF on the pipe and buy thier drink instead. Alot of people may not have known that FMF was making a drink but after this bit of stink they do now.

I don't know *** FMF was thinking coming out with an energy drink though....

From what I heard Donnie Elmer Jr. say on the Pulp MX show a couple months back there is alot of money to be made in energy drinks. Enough to make up for if they lose the Kawi deal.

Thats called selling out. Lots of money to be made?! You build pipes for motorcycles. FMF stock just hit the basement for me.:lol:

how would FMF like it if all the energy drink co's started building pipes :lol: what made me loose respect for FMF was when they tried to make their self look like they were a hero by claiming they were trying to help people through hard times last year with the take 20 deal , they were doing nothing more than try to move product because it was slow IMO and were happy to take all they could when times were good , if they were worried about helping people out they would have had lower prices from the begining

The naked truth ads are the greatest ads I have seen in a while. It is totally FMF giving the single finger salute to everyone.

MAX!!!

Thats called selling out. Lots of money to be made?! You build pipes for motorcycles. FMF stock just hit the basement for me.:lol:

Yeah buddy, do you own a business?:):bonk: When you own a business, you might only begin to understand. Making a dollar these days isnt easy and if there is a oppertunity to make money, you take it. Fox lost some street cred when they went mainstream but they still produced awesome gear and stayed true to their core. I applaud FMF, they have stayed true to being one of the original supporters in motorcycling, especially in north america and with them being able to make more money and potentially fund more riders in the future, I think its great. My only concern is energy drinks are f'in dangerous and because they are so new on the market we wont know the true effects for quite some time. For FMF to be associated to that market kinda bums me out but I wouldnt consider it selling out by any means.

it hit bottom for me last year when I finally got sick and tired of FMF pipes coming apart. The number of them that have had headers crack at the megabomb weldings is retarded. and I've had several canisters crack all to hell. Gave up and went with Yosh and it's been clean sailing since.

Yeah buddy, do you own a business?:lol::bonk: When you own a business, you might only begin to understand. Making a dollar these days isnt easy and if there is a oppertunity to make money, you take it. Fox lost some street cred when they went mainstream but they still produced awesome gear and stayed true to their core. I applaud FMF, they have stayed true to being one of the original supporters in motorcycling, especially in north america and with them being able to make more money and potentially fund more riders in the future, I think its great. My only concern is energy drinks are f'in dangerous and because they are so new on the market we wont know the true effects for quite some time. For FMF to be associated to that market kinda bums me out but I wouldnt consider it selling out by any means.

I own 2 of them actually and am currently trying to open a motocross park. Its insanely hard. Why do you think I would make that statement? Do you know what kind of things go on in the energy drink business? If you did you would not be so abrasive in your response:busted:

I own 2 of them actually and am currently trying to open a motocross park. Its insanely hard. Why do you think I would make that statement? Do you know what kind of things go on in the energy drink business? If you did you would not be so abrasive in your response:busted:

Im not trying to be abrasive, I own a business and so many people have no idea of the amount of energy it takes to make any sort of a buck these days. In a case like FMF, and the statement you made saying they "sold out" to me is total BS. The motorcycle business is tanking.....period, and motorcycle companies are looking for other outlets to make money. With FMFs emergance into the energy drink sector, this could be really good. I understand that Redbull and Monster commit tons of money towards action sports but they are more bias to making money for themselves not motorcycling. FMFs soul is in dirtbiking.

The motorcycle business is tanking.....period, and motorcycle companies are looking for other outlets to make money. With FMFs emergance into the energy drink sector, this could be really good. I understand that Redbull and Monster commit tons of money towards action sports but they are more bias to making money for themselves not motorcycling. FMFs soul is in dirtbiking.

Donnie Emler Jr. was on the Pulp MX show again this past Monday and they were talking about the energy drink deal again and energy drinks in general. He talked like the money they made would stay in the industry and be put back into the sport.

Donnie Emler Jr. was on the Pulp MX show again this past Monday and they were talking about the energy drink deal again and energy drinks in general. He talked like the money they made would stay in the industry and be put back into the sport.

of course he's going to say that.

Im not trying to be abrasive, I own a business and so many people have no idea of the amount of energy it takes to make any sort of a buck these days. In a case like FMF, and the statement you made saying they "sold out" to me is total BS. The motorcycle business is tanking.....period, and motorcycle companies are looking for other outlets to make money. With FMFs emergance into the energy drink sector, this could be really good. I understand that Redbull and Monster commit tons of money towards action sports but they are more bias to making money for themselves not motorcycling. FMFs soul is in dirtbiking.

Nice. I love you again. I hope you are right:cheers:

of course he's going to say that.

Well hopefully he's telling the truth and not just trying to justify it to the fans. He sounded sincere enough though, but time will tell. It's free on itunes if anybody wants to give it a listen.

I used to care when mx brands went mainstream, when even band kids (sorry for judging) started wearing Fox I swore I'd never wear Fox again. Here I am still wearing the brand, alpinestars has gone the same way, somehow its cool for all the "country" kids to wear an a-stars hat. Funny thing is they have no idea they are a boot maker from Italy. I say who cares if FMF makes energy drinks, times are tough. And My Pipe is still running strong - no cracks, not falling apart...

Well hopefully he's telling the truth and not just trying to justify it to the fans. He sounded sincere enough though, but time will tell. It's free on itunes if anybody wants to give it a listen.

I kind of doubt your going to get to see his ledger sheet. So I'd take it with a grain of salt.

I used to care when mx brands went mainstream, when even band kids (sorry for judging) started wearing Fox I swore I'd never wear Fox again. Here I am still wearing the brand, alpinestars has gone the same way, somehow its cool for all the "country" kids to wear an a-stars hat. Funny thing is they have no idea they are a boot maker from Italy. I say who cares if FMF makes energy drinks, times are tough. And My Pipe is still running strong - no cracks, not falling apart...

I see it all the time and laugh my azz off also.

I want to put some of those old retro "Moto-X Fox" decals on my truck. They'll wonder ***