Sign in to follow this  

Go-Pro LIVE

Not much use unless you only ride track and that track has high speed wifi available.

would be cool though if it could go through your cell phone providers network for no additional monthly fee.

Not much use unless you only ride track and that track has high speed wifi available.

would be cool though if it could go through your cell phone providers network for no additional monthly fee.

Might be able to if you can configure the output stream quality.. If you can broadcast lower quality video, a cell connection would work.

I don't know what you have but I can turn my phone into a mobile hotspot - all you would do is connect it and throw it in your backpack. Essentially carrying the wifi signal with you. No additional fees.

Also my phone has power hookup on my bike so could go forever :lol:

Neat product.

Yes you will be able to stream to a mobile device. They will have an app that you can get to do this. But I doubt you could do it with the cell service, it would have to be wifi unless you have a receiver that grabs the wifi stream from the gopro, converts it to a usable signal that your phone can read. Plus this would require a ton of bandwidth that cell companies don't have and won't support (at least for free).

It would be cool to see them integrate this with the pro racing.

I would guess this is the same product they have been using to show the "hot laps" and ride along with ____ rider when we watch Arenacross, Endurocross , SX and MX for the last year or so , they must finally have it down enough to feel comfortable marketing it !!

But I doubt you could do it with the cell service, it would have to be wifi unless you have a receiver that grabs the wifi stream from the gopro, converts it to a usable signal that your phone can read.

Sure you can, it's called "Mobile wifi hotspot"

My phone essentially becomes a wifi access point. And with 4g speeds it has plenty of bandwidth.

So it will work.

So Spartan426 and I submitted an idea to Go-pro about being able to actuelly have a go-pro helmet camera be able to stream live video feed. So, this is what i got back and the link/product they are going to be releasing soon. Pretty cool :):lol:

http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories/wi-fi-bacpac-remote-combo/

They already do that, they just dont use it through GOPRO, how do you think they do it on like nascar or short course off road racing. I do also know that my dad uses it on his Off Road truck at races.

havnt WIFI sd cards been available for a while that can enable a gopro to stream live video?