Sign in to follow this  

2007 yz250 smoker question

I have a line on a nicely set up for off road o7, big tank, rekluse etc and very well maintained. Asking 3k. I will be coming off a 09 ktm 250xcf with a 300 kit. My question is, of course, will I be happy and faster? Have there been any changes since 07? Feel free to compare, contrast and editorialize.

The 07 is pretty much the same as a new one. Asking $3k means maybe $2500. That's a good deal if it's as nice as you say and it's what you want. Never really rode a KTM, but I love my YZ's :lol:

Same here. Never rode a KTM. I do love my 2007 YZ250 though. All stock. But I am getting the RB-Designs head mod and Boyesen Pro Reeds and the GYTR Flywheel. Does it need those things to boost performance? No, not really, but Christmas is just around the corner. I also got a new OEM crank that I thought I needed, but it ends up I don't. O well, I guess I have a spare now. And my cylinder that I sent out to Eric Gore for replating, well I didn't need that either. Eric is a great honest guy. He did an evaluation on the bore, cleaned it up a bit and it's as good as new. $20 instead of $250.

never had riden a ktm before either, but have to say all the yz's are awsome, super reliable, most bang for your buck, plus you can send the motor to eric and have a 450f killer:thumbsup:

Had this bike. Liked it. Bike is same as new 'cept for the new one has lwr compression and a quieter, longer silencer. It may weigh a pound or three less too. The rekluse is really good on this bike for trail riding. :)

Sold this bike for a 250F. F bike is OK but my new CR just feels snappy snappy snappy compared. Feels lighter to put on the stand too. :lol:

Your 250F will have better traction but the auto clutch on the YZ will be close traction-wise.