Sign in to follow this  

XR100r engine weight

Sheesh nobody?? Well I'll take a stab at it... couldn't be more than 35 lbs is it?

I built a xr100 with cr80 forks and an ausie lift, 120 kit... yada yada yada.. for my wife. She is 5'10'' weighs 135lbs. Power wise the 120 mill is great! But the bike itself is too small.

How about a steel frame cr125 with the 120 motor? She doesn't need a screamer just something that is bigger. Also I know that there are other bikes out there like a ttr125, or a crf150f that would probably fit the bill but I like building stuff.

Anyone built one? I wonder how the motor would like the 18" rear wheel? Not really concerned about weight, the 120 rips me around a mini track just fine and I out weigh her by 60lbs.

I'd say 35lbs +/- is probably pretty close.

I started a thread a while back contemplating using a 125 chassis with a 100 motor. The consensus was the motor wouldn't like teh larger wheels. I'm not entirely sure I agree with it, but I also haven't stumbled across a cheap 125 donor.

The 150R and 85R chassis are commonly used for conversions with great success.

The 150F is pretty heavy for a mini, I'm not sure I'd want to try that swap out for that reason.

I'm not sure you'd gain anything using a ttr125 chassis. I don't think they are really any better, but that's just my 2 cents...

Thanks brother, I think you an I are in the same boat... just leisurely keeping an eye out for a 1996 Cr125 that needs rings or something.

When Ya think about the larger wheel diamiter the sproket is also much larger... but i dont know if 1st gear would turn into a dog or a granny gear? Who knows.... I need to wrap my head around the gear ratios vs tire diamiter.

I wouldn't want to swap my motor into the 150 or ttr125 chassis I was just saying that I am aware of the other motorcycles out there that would fit my wife better than the xr100.

By all means if you just want a winter project just for the sake of a winter project run with it.

If I can ever find a steal on a RS125 chassis, my 150R motor is going in it and then my 120 is going in the 150r.

Remembered this from Gman's XR conversion thread.:bonk:

I busted out the bathroom scale!

The xr100 engine complete with carb and electronics weighs in at 42pds.

The cr85 same as above, including the radiator and hoses 30pds.

Both motors are dry!