Sign in to follow this  

Leo Vince X3 Silencer - Any Reviews?

Any of you guys running a Leo Vince X3 silencer on your bikes? I have a 2012 KTM 250sx that I would like to put a spark arrestor on and wanted to know how they perform. Are they good? junk? get clogged easily? etc.

What options are best out on the market if Leo Vince isn't the way to go?

I appreciate the help. :lol:

I have used one since they were available last year, with and w/o the s/a.

I had hoped it would be lighter and it's identical in weight and lenght, it does sound test slightly lower and the fit and finish is nice but so was the stock one, the s/a is kind of small compaired the the EE mufflers I've used but I ran all the enduros last year and this year with it and no problems.

I did have issues with the slip fit to the front pipe, it's just large enough that if you sand some of the inside of the new pipe and the out side of your stinger end you can work it on, BUT !!! after doing this, when I went to remove it I needed two people pulling at and a torch to heat the snot out of the junction to get it apart.

If you get one don't force it one like I did, make sure it slides on or return it, if I had to do it again I'd try the EE end cap with the stock can the new OEM muffler mounts are solid design.

I have used one since they were available last year, with and w/o the s/a.

I had hoped it would be lighter and it's identical in weight and lenght, it does sound test slightly lower and the fit and finish is nice but so was the stock one, the s/a is kind of small compaired the the EE mufflers I've used but I ran all the enduros last year and this year with it and no problems.

I did have issues with the slip fit to the front pipe, it's just large enough that if you sand some of the inside of the new pipe and the out side of your stinger end you can work it on, BUT !!! after doing this, when I went to remove it I needed two people pulling at and a torch to heat the snot out of the junction to get it apart.

If you get one don't force it one like I did, make sure it slides on or return it, if I had to do it again I'd try the EE end cap with the stock can the new OEM muffler mounts are solid design.

I had the same experience with mine. Sanded the pipe down and used anti-seize but I could not get it to come off. I had to cut the pipe off with a hacksaw and then use heat and lots of force to get the piece out of the silencer. I didn't mind cutting the pipe since it was dented beyond repair.

I am in the process of a warranty claim with Leo Vince. I sent them an email and they called me the next day about the silencer. I am sending it back and they are going to send me a new silencer. Great customer service experience so far.

Power delivery seems similar to stock silencer. The build quality is excellent and it looks really trick.

I have one on my 250. It slid onto the main pipe ok. The carbon brackets were fiddly to line up, it took me a two goes to get right.

It has unusual but good sound, I like it.

The power felt just as strong as stock in the mid range, smooth, and a strong rev out.

The downside is that it can't be repacked without drilling out the rivets. That's poor design IMO.

I've recently fitted another Leo Vince to a mates Berg TE 300. It had the problem of not fitting onto the main pipe. I had to file the steel a touch.

I hope it comes off?

Spent a few hours in the garage yesterday to mount this POS. As you probably can tell I'm still mad, but this has been in line with a long list of recent Italian products I purchased over the last years. Great look and core design, but poor detailing and manufacturing.

The problem is not that the diameter of where it fits the pipe is too small, but they seem to use some kind of tool/clamping mechanism afterwards that pinches the pipe. Had to make a steel cylinder on the lathe with the correct OD and use (hammer) it to widen the ID on the Leo Vince. It was only the first 10mm or so that were problematic.

Next problem was to make the clamps fit a 2012 - the stupid system with the loose washers (which are useless regardless of the year) makes mounting it on the 2012 impossible. Had to fabricate completely new washers/distances that stay on the CF clamps when mounting.

The Leo Vince is less than half the price of the Akrapovic over here, but if I could choose again it would be a no brainer - the Akrapovic is a perfect fit, lighter and more quiet with a nice sound.

Michael

Update:

Received my replacement silencer from Leo Vince. Great experience dealing with them. New silencer fits great. Had none of the problems mounting the replacement silencer as I did with the original one.

I had the same experience with mine. Sanded the pipe down and used anti-seize but I could not get it to come off. I had to cut the pipe off with a hacksaw and then use heat and lots of force to get the piece out of the silencer. I didn't mind cutting the pipe since it was dented beyond repair.

I am in the process of a warranty claim with Leo Vince. I sent them an email and they called me the next day about the silencer. I am sending it back and they are going to send me a new silencer. Great customer service experience so far.

Power delivery seems similar to stock silencer. The build quality is excellent and it looks really trick.

the spark arrestor is too small I got it mounted to my 2012 I like the power and sound but without the SA

the spark arrestor is too small I got it mounted to my 2012 I like the power and sound but without the SA

When you say the spark arrestor is to small do you mean that you cannot get it to slide into the silencer? On my original silencer it had a much tighter fit then the new one they sent me. I would contact them if you are having a problem with it.

bolted up nicely to my 2005 300. Looks are great. As far as sound and performance... really cant tell that much of a difference. I like the carbon fiber eye candy on the mounting brackets and end cap though.

A+ pipe.. 5 out of 5 stars...

I had an fmf which i always had issues with because of its design on the bike.. the LEO is PERFECT.. NOT 1 ISSSUE!!@ Exceptionally Strong takes loads of hits in the woods.. LOVE IT

i have a 09 200xcw put the leo on this fall and have been running with out the sparky, i noticed a big difference right off in the low end and i can richer jetting, i believe this is due to the old can being plugged up. It fit just fine and i had not problem with the pipe fitting in the stinger, all in all for 139 bucks its a great deal and looks fantastic. I have not tried to run it with the sparky, I think i will repack the fmf and drill the sparky some for summer riding when i might see a ranger, although in the last 10 years i have not been checked.

If you have had one of these on your 11 or 12 KTM I would recomend trying to take it off, if it was super tight when you first put it on you will either need a torch or a saw to remove it.

Talk to Luis at LeoVince, he knows about it.

My friend and I both have them and we both love them, he actually sold me on it.

I was considering one for my 300sx, had one on my YZ and the fit wasn't great, had to cut a panel and drill a hole to accommodate the mounting bracket, i had the choice between the leo and a mint 2nd hand Akro. I went with the Akro the thing is huge, but build, fit and weight saving are impresive

I found this thread and know its from a while back but I just got a Leo Vince X3 exhaust and it fit perfect even better than my FMF.. I called Leo Vince and asked about the fitment on them and they said they had issues with the first batch but now they fit perfect. I always run them on 4 strokes because of quality , fit, sound and packing. The 2stroke silencer is awesome , has great build, SA comes with it and a wash plug. Just thought id update some people that are looking into them but were scared of some of the replies about how they fit.

• Like 1