Sign in to follow this  

Revving

Hi, I was thinking of buying a Crf 150 and I have fallen in LOVE with it. I love the revving. I currently have or had a crf 100f, i have never revved. I was just wondering if revving is bad for the engine or what??? :banghead:

thanks!:lol::)

Ludvikwantsa150

You are asking for a beating with a question like that. This crowd will eat you alive!!! Be careful! Just kidding. You can rev it pretty good and it would be fine.

If you are a rev monster, however, that's what 2 strokes are for. You can rev them to the moon. You should get one of those. The only problem with the 2 strokers, however, is that you will be on the moon if you do it because they really have a lot of power compared to these little 4 strokers.

Just change the oil every once in a while and you'll be fine.

I should add, however , that in your case, you should NOT get a rev limiter box. If you don't know what that is, good. Just know you don't want one because if you get one, you might blow up your engine. If your bike is fairly stock though, I think you'll be fine.

Not sure if its the same on the 150, but on my 230 i used to always hit the rev limiter, and did not like it, cause it would make the bike kinda stutter and slow down. my bike now does not do that.

Not sure if its the same on the 150, but on my 230 i used to always hit the rev limiter, and did not like it, cause it would make the bike kinda stutter and slow down. my bike now does not do that.

i know what you meen when you hit the limiter you loose power. it slows down almost

i know what you meen when you hit the limiter you loose power. it slows down almost

yeah, it slows down big time on the 230, kinda dangerous, almost seems like it makes the spark plug not give as many sparks.

on my current bike, when you hit it, nothing happens, it just stays the same speed, does not slow you down. :lol:

for some reason on the 230 hitting the rev limiter was very easy.

yeah, it slows down big time on the 230, kinda dangerous, almost seems like it makes the spark plug not give as many sparks.

on my current bike, when you hit it, nothing happens, it just stays the same speed, does not slow you down. :lol:

for some reason on the 230 hitting the rev limiter was very easy.

the 150fs hit the limiter easy to. while i always keep it at a high rpm to keep the power and speed up

By revving i mean the ''rer rer rer '' sound

he hits it later in the video.

:)

lol, your friend got some interesting comments for his vid.

i wouldnt do what he does in it either do, why just rev the S*it out of a bike for no reason? :lol:

By revving i mean the ''rer rer rer '' sound

he hits it later in the video.

:bonk:

...ohhh you were talking about hitting the rev limiter. thats no bueno. Hitting the rev limiter can cause your valves to "float" and possibly hit the piston. But im not sure if it can happen on the 150 since the bike is sooo damn bulletproof:banana:.

On a 150F you wont do any harm by hitting the rev limiter.

I'm pretty familiar with the rev limiter on my 230F. My poor bike gets abused. Still, my valve clearances hardly close up and my cam and rockers don't show any signs of slapping from valve float or any other damage. Honda 2 valve bikes are great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_ObGSucI40

Now a bike that actually DOES float the valves, you REALLY don't want to rev to the moon. For example: my XR250R

DSC00601.jpg

DSC00600.jpg

You wont see me revving the guts out of it at a standstill anymore :bonk: