Sign in to follow this  

250 SX for desert/ trails?

How is the SX for the trails desert riding? I know it has tight ratio gearbox but If you regear it and set the suspension right can it be comparable to a XC or XC-w?

How is the SX for the trails desert riding? I know it has tight ratio gearbox but If you regear it and set the suspension right can it be comparable to a XC or XC-w?

You;ll be fine that bike will do anything you ask of it, skid plate and bark busters and definately a rekluse auto clutch

I wouldn't even bother re gearing it. As far as top speed, I rarely even find myself pinned in 5th and I still have a 6th gear :lol:

I wouldn't even bother re gearing it. As far as top speed, I rarely even find myself pinned in 5th and I still have a 6th gear :)
A 250 SX doesn't have a sixth gear. :lol:

Seems like there has been a few of these threads about which bike for what. Whats wrong with a XC, you get 6 gears, larger tank, 18inch wheel, electric start and its all for only a $1000 more then a SX. The only thing you would have to do to a XC to get the SX power is a head and ignition. That would be wayyyy cheaper then doing it the other way around (getting the SX and making it off-road worthy). I know that most will never need a 6th gear but its kinda like the electric start, it might be kinda dumb, you might say that it pointless but once you have it, your wonder how you lived without it!

I didnt know yours is an sx Andrew

No, mine is an XC. Just saying that the only time I get into 6th gear is for exhibition speed runs. Not very usable for me. I think you'll be fine with your standard gear ratios :lol: