Winter Ride Spots

I was thinking about the badlands from what I read it is sand so should not be bad with a lot of wet weather.

I went there this past fall and it was a blast. A lot of sand and mud down in the creek/wooded area. I ride MX primarily and went down there thinking I would be bored, but I had a blast. Just open sand pits, dunes, and sand whoops. I plan on going this early Spring. Just keep your eyes open for the hillbillys on side by sides, quads, and trucks. Bike don't need a flag, but look for them. When I found a good hill or dune to jump I would have my friends sit on top and have people stop or give me a sign to stop the run. Plus the sand is a bit more gravel like so a paddle tire really isn't needed.

I live in Eastern Iowa and one of my favorite ride spots for winter is Keithsburg IL. It is also refered to as Sandy Oaks. but in my area I ride Lakeview OHV near Solon IA there is a mainly sand outdoor style motocross track.

Wow, I'm only a couple of hours from Keithsburg. I may have to check it out?

• 3 weeks later...

I took my son a few weeks back to look at Racine Indoor. It seems like a nice place, a little on the pricey side but nice to have in the area. I spoke with the woman that seems to run the place and she was very friendly and helpful. It looks like they are getting a solid following so they must be doing something right.

I took my son a few weeks back to look at Racine Indoor. It seems like a nice place, a little on the pricey side but nice to have in the area. I spoke with the woman that seems to run the place and she was very friendly and helpful. It looks like they are getting a solid following so they must be doing something right.

Planning on visiting that track next weekend. I've heard Club57 runs MX workshops out of there. I'm planning on starting there, as I haven't been on a drit bike in 20 years. ?

I didn't realize it was $50 for non-members. I'm still going to try a couple times, but maybe the prices are high during the winter because people have fewer options. I'm also used to road racing prices, where it normal to spen $175/day for 7, 20 minute sessions throughout the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Racine indoor this weekend and had a blast. I took the riding class with Brad of Club57mx. Good guy, great rider, and good instructor. the track was pretty big for an indoor, and once you got moving it was warm enough, albeit 18 degrees outside.

• 2 weeks later...

Another great riding weekend....Sunday anyway. Had about 10 guys from IL & MO here riding Sunday. Weather was perfect as well as the trails.

Another perfect weekend. Had 8 more guys riding this past Sunday. Tried out my new GoPro camera. I'll have the video up on my website ASAP.