Sign in to follow this  

99 kx125 timing marks and jetting?

Just wondering if anyone has messed with it to help with power delivery? I have mine set in the middle mark. What are the benifits of advancing and retarding? Also is advancing turning it clockwise and retarding vise versa?

Just trying to get this bike to run real crisp, it has some what of a bog in the mid range, when your just crawling along and hold it wide open (even using clutch) the rmp doesent rise like it should, it bogs almost kills the engine then it gets into the power band. Main is a 158, pilot is a 45, and air is 2 turns out.

125s are never gonna have amazing torque down low but you could try messing with the needle a bit since thats where it seems your having trouble. my freinds 125 did similar things untill we leaned out the needle two clips although running lean could cause similar issues so youll have to diagnose if its lean or ritch. its not hard to move the needle takes 5 min at most so mess around with it. advancing the timing will make more power as long as the fuel your running wont detonate with more timing. you can retard the timing if your bike is predetonating and you dont want to buy higher octane fuel. if your fuel can handle it though advancing the timing should help it pull more in the midrange although you might loose alittle up top i doubt anything significant though

Ok ill try moving the clip around, plus its around 35-40 degrees here in new york if that helps.

125s are never gonna have amazing torque down low but you could try messing with the needle a bit since thats where it seems your having trouble. my freinds 125 did similar things untill we leaned out the needle two clips although running lean could cause similar issues so youll have to diagnose if its lean or ritch. its not hard to move the needle takes 5 min at most so mess around with it. advancing the timing will make more power as long as the fuel your running wont detonate with more timing. you can retard the timing if your bike is predetonating and you dont want to buy higher octane fuel. if your fuel can handle it though advancing the timing should help it pull more in the midrange although you might loose alittle up top i doubt anything significant though

Just noticed you are in new york too haha.

yup lol. I dont know specific jetting recommendations anyway. if your bike runs fine at wot and idle though your main/pilot/screw are probably fine. just the needle thats off hopefully