Sign in to follow this  

04 RM 250 clutch system?

looking to replace all of my clutch components in my 04, trying to decide between the hinson stuff or wiseco, i know the hinson stuff is slightly lighter but wiseco's hold up great and their warranty is unbeatable, ill be buying th basket, hub and pressure plate, so, if anyone has experience with these systems, please let me know what you think about them.

Don't know about Wiseco, but Hinson's basket is good stuff. I run the OEM hub because when it gets notched a new one is only about $60. I've still got the original pressure plate in the bike, but if I choose to get off my wallet, I heard Hinson's p-plate works much better than the flexy OEM one.

BTW... The best frictions I've found are OEM, Hinson, or Rekluse.

I second the good review on the Hinson basket. And yea, it is light....(Not really a good thing for what I do). I'm running the Barnett kevlar clutch plates with it, and so far, no problems what so ever.

im still running the stock basket but i run a DP clutch havent had a problem with its a smooth clutch i def need a new basket when i do my reuild this winter its gettin grooved out ...they say u dont hafta soak them but i do anyways....