Sign in to follow this  

Supercross anyone want to buy a bike with a bad shock?

that's a load of crap. I have three MSO's sitting in my file cabinet right now. It's what the dealers are issued by the factories with the bike. the dealer then signs it and submits that to the state to get a title. I bought these bikes in a state that doesn't have sales tax. If I titled them in my state I would have to pay the sales tax. I said screw that and didn't title them. just received the MSO from the dealer. Back in the early days of two strokes you never got titles.

that's a load of crap. I have three MSO's sitting in my file cabinet right now. It's what the dealers are issued by the factories with the bike. the dealer then signs it and submits that to the state to get a title. I bought these bikes in a state that doesn't have sales tax. If I titled them in my state I would have to pay the sales tax. I said screw that and didn't title them. just received the MSO from the dealer. Back in the early days of two strokes you never got titles.

Exactly what I do.

No !!

I have enough broken bones and metal parts in me as it is , i dont need more getting a bike that's been proven to put riders out for the season ! , bad juju :)

No Jim, not "riders"!!:lol: Only your secret man-crush JS has been down on that bike.

No !!

I have enough broken bones and metal parts in me as it is , i dont need more getting a bike that's been proven to put riders out for the season ! , bad juju :banghead:

it would be fine for you because JS is the only one that can get the shock hot :):lol:........... you know I am just goofing around with you , right?

it would be fine for you because JS is the only one that can get the shock hot :banghead::)........... you know I am just goofing around with you , right?

Yea , no worries , i can take it , the people i dont want to hear from i have already blocked so i cant see their posts , you , i dont have issues with !!:lol:

Anyway , i would most likely get a KTM if i got a new bike for the track anyway (the carbed 11 or 12 450SXF , not the Grungey XC slap together bike) , but for my age and speed the 02 Honda does just fine for me , its still just about as fast as any new bike , just doesn't handle quite as good , but then again , it seems some of the new bikes have handling issues as well , so , it really doesn't matter !

Yea , no worries , i can take it , the people i dont want to hear from i have already blocked so i cant see their posts , you , i dont have issues with !!:lol:

Kind of an oxymoron don't ya think?:)

The only thing special about that bike is the possibility that Bubba actually rode it. All the trick stuff has been removed

I don't think it's worth the $6,325 it's at

The only thing special about that bike is the possibility that Bubba actually rode it. All the trick stuff has been removed

I don't think it's worth the $6,325 it's at

That's what it looks like to me too. Just a yzf450 with a graphics kit and the frame that may have been ridden by JS. He may have left the shock on it, but All the good stuff is gone.

I'd bet a small fortune bubba's never looked at it. This kind of stuff is on ebay all the time. the last guy that was selling a bubba race bike had a kawi 125 with the graphics bubba was using in I think 2001. His big claim was that you could still see bubba's old numbers showing on the number plates even though they had been peeled off. I sent him a message asked him some questions. he said it was bubba's old race bike. so I just had to point out to him that in the 125 class in AMA pro racing they have to run black number plate backgrounds and this bike had white ones. he did alot of stuttering at that point.

I'd bet a small fortune bubba's never looked at it. This kind of stuff is on ebay all the time. the last guy that was selling a bubba race bike had a kawi 125 with the graphics bubba was using in I think 2001. His big claim was that you could still see bubba's old numbers showing on the number plates even though they had been peeled off. I sent him a message asked him some questions. he said it was bubba's old race bike. so I just had to point out to him that in the 125 class in AMA pro racing they have to run black number plate backgrounds and this bike had white ones. he did alot of stuttering at that point.

I remember that KX125 and wondered why anyone would actually buy it for big money since the seller had no real proof that Stewart ever actually rode it. Besides, it's pretty much known that the factory bikes are stripped of all the "good stuff" before they are put up for sale and what you're buying is pretty much a stock bike for waay too much money imo.

Two of Nate Kanneys KTM's are for sale on KTMtalk right now and one of the things I noticed about the 450 ad was the suspension had 0 hours and FC had just set it up for "average" rider which in other words means all of the pro goodies inside are gone lol.

I remember that KX125 and wondered why anyone would actually buy it for big money since the seller had no real proof that Stewart ever actually rode it. Besides, it's pretty much known that the factory bikes are stripped of all the "good stuff" before they are put up for sale and what you're buying is pretty much a stock bike for waay too much money imo.

Two of Nate Kanneys KTM's are for sale on KTMtalk right now and one of the things I noticed about the 450 ad was the suspension had 0 hours and FC had just set it up for "average" rider which in other words means all of the pro goodies inside are gone lol.

Some of the smaller satellite companies don't strip them down though. I bought Vince Friese's Motoconcept 09'CRF250. Well here's what I bought, but I dealt direct with his dad. It was the frame from his supercross bike an the motor he used in the last two outdoors races. His dad said it had a B kit suspension package in it. The first thing I did was go through the suspension (I do suspension work as a side gig). It wasn't anything near a B kit but did have revalving done by FC. No big deal. So I was a little worried the motor was stock. But soon as my kid rode it he said it was nothing near stock. I checked it out and it was a full blown Allen Brown motor as stated. So that made me feel better. I also have a few buddies that have bought TLD race bikes and they come as raced. One buddy bought BT's 450 outdoor bike and it is sick as hell. I've never seen a bike pull people on the straights like that sob does. It even sounds totally different than any other 450 I've ever heard. The suspension on the TLD bikes come full A kit. They're pretty sick. But you have to do your home work and know what your looking at when these people try to pass these bikes off as some big name riders bike.

I bought a privateers 06 YZ250 SX bike, it had a PC works kit suspension (stock tubes with all the internal goodies), full PC built motor and a whole bunch of one off carbon fiber goodies......remember to always look for the AMA pro racing inspection sticker on the frame.

I bought a privateers 06 YZ250 SX bike, it had a PC works kit suspension (stock tubes with all the internal goodies), full PC built motor and a whole bunch of one off carbon fiber goodies......remember to always look for the AMA pro racing inspection sticker on the frame.

good point

I don't know. It says the motor has .4 hrs on it. Sounds like about the right amount of time Bubba kept it upright...

:bonk::lol:

IF it was Bubbas bike it would be set up weird . they cut the subframe down and even shave the seat down and a bunch of other things . I had the chance once to race one of Jason Thomas s BTO/BBMX bikes . The thing was a rocket BUT he is short like JS7 . they had 2 set of foot pegs welded ontop of each other . the sub frame was cut down ect ect it was really low in the rear felt like i was rideing a fat TTR 125 with a rocket for a motor .