Sign in to follow this  

Android app for top speed?

Does anyone have a recommendation for an app to record top speed. I have an android phone with gps. It probably won't be extremely accurate but I'm curious to see what kind of speeds I can get up to in a mile of open field that has recently become available to me. Has anyone found an app they like and found to work okay for doing something like this? I have a hiking app thing that'll record top speed but it wasn't really designed for what I'm using it for.

Edited by 79yamdt

UlysseSpeedometer. You can set it up to record max speed and it matches the Speedometer in my truck pretty close.

There's a speedometer under Android widgets that is pretty spot on and very simple.

Speedview, the speedo on my truck is way off and I actually use this to gauge my speed. It has graphs from tracking your speed a compass,it tells you your moving average, overall average, it will tell you your 0-60 and quarter mile time.

I use an app called My Tracks. Its for bicycles but it records your path, speed, and elevation over the course of your ride. My phone has enough juice to record several hours.