Sign in to follow this  

01 cr250 fork advice

hiyas, i pulled down my cr 250 forks for rebuild, followed all instructions including setting clickers to soft position before starting, now all together my left fork has no clicker adjustment on rebound, my right fork is fine, have pulled apart again and i cant see why, any help would be awsome!!

Do you have any long aluminum D shaped tubing laying around the bench?

Sounds like the rebound adjuster extension didn't get back into the damper. Or its rounded out. If the clicker wasnt where it needed to be when you screwed the rebound clicker bolt back in and it bottomed the adjustment, its pretty easy to round out that D shaped rod.

it wont turn at all, like its jamed somehow, the rod droped into place, when i pulled apart again i cheked the adjusting screw and it turns freely, is something a bit further inside.

it wont turn at all, like its jamed somehow, the rod droped into place, when i pulled apart again i cheked the adjusting screw and it turns freely, is something a bit further inside.

then you have to remove the midvalve stem and have a look at the needle

ok cheers i will investigate that, any idea of what i may have done wrong to cause this, would be good to know so i dont do it again! cheers for the info

ok cheers i will investigate that, any idea of what i may have done wrong to cause this, would be good to know so i dont do it again! cheers for the info

Its either all the way in super tight, or all the way out..super tight...figuring out which is the problem.

Youre going to end up taking the mid valve clear apart (no biggie) to see where the needle is.