Sign in to follow this  

NO plastic or graphic kits for 97-99 cr250s!?

I currently have an all black acerbis plastic kit I put on my bike 4 years ago. I do not remember it being this difficult to find a full plastic kit for my bike that isn't the boring OEM red/white. That is ALL I can find.

I want to run a all white plastics kit. Can't find anything. I recall being able to piece together a UFO kit from Motosport, but honestly I hate UFO.

I can't find anything but OEM replacement plastics from acerbis or polisport?? What's the deal? I know I've seen a good number of white 97-99 cr250's...I can't even find an all red nor all black kits anywhere. Nothing but the OEM kits...Someone please fill me in.

Oh yea and they don't have squat for graphic kits either. Something about this year of bikes...

I got the ufo pick your color kit from motosport (I think) and I have been happy with everything...

as far as graphics go, Google "custom dirt bike graphics" and you will find a ton of stuff. I picked up some AMR graphics off ebay but really want some custom ones from here http://www.xgxracing.com/index2.html

97' CR250 here...

The graphics I am not too concerned with. My buddy actually makes them he makes ONE industries graphics look like garbage, and I get to literally custom make every bit of it.

BUT, just got off dennis kirk and yep, looks like the only possibility is UFO if you want anything besides the plain boring red/white OEM plastics....gay, and I have to buy it all separately so it's a little more expensive.

although mine is a second gen honda, id wager you would have the same option. motosport sells "custom" ufo plastic kits. you get a color choice of red, black, or white and you mix and match the panels however you see fit. final price is the same as if you bought a complete kit. its pretty much a build it yourself kit.

You gotta keep shopping around... It's there but the bikes older.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=97+99+plastic+cr+250+honda&_sacat=See-All-Categories

just keep googling and hitting up ebay , rockymountain, motosport amongst others and keep on until you get what you want..

Okay so lemme get this right, I can order any newer 02 + front fender and it'll bolt up just fine?

yup and some other fenders too. For fun I put a black ktm fender...the older one with the squared edges. I don't think it looked as good as the newer cr fenders . Next I will look at putting the around 03 style rm black or white front fender to see how it goes. I have an 01 but it's all the same as you for plastic and graphic scarcity . I run into stuff for your bike all the time searching for 01 stuff. Since I have an 01 we are in the same boat looking for more limited numbers and styles/colors of plastic and graphics. There's a bunch of stuff for your bike ..just have to look harder and be patient. The good thing is when you do find it it's usually cheaper than if you had a new bike looking for plastic. I scan ebay and where ever closeouts etc. I have a yellow, black, all red with yellowbackgrounds and Red and Black extra large tanks. I had a white but gave it to my buddy so he could make his 01 all white. Instead of buying a new bike every couple of years I just kept my 01 and paid for mods every year.... that includes different changes of plastic clothes... Here's my buddies white cr.

http://www.youtube.com/user/woodsrider117#p/u/9/tzlCESDeV3k

My Beta has been blacked out.

Yep, I'm DEFINITELY about to go WHITE plastics on this bike. It's going to be soooo clean. Right now it's black with hints of red, well the red accessories and what not are staying, so I'll probably throw black/red decals/graphics on her. It will look real sharp! I'll definitely be ordering an 02+ white front fender. I hate the old style front fender I have now that's just squared off. Thanks a lot for the info fellers.

Okay so lemme get this right, I can order any newer 02 + front fender and it'll bolt up just fine?

I should clarify.... Everything up to 09 will bolt right up. As far as I know the 10-12 you have to redrill a couple of the holes.

That's fine! Not like any of them are any different but the newer pointed/curved style should make a night/day difference up front along with an upgraded number plate.

Will most any cr number plate bolt right up?? It's such a simple design it seems like it definitely would...

That's fine! Not like any of them are any different but the newer pointed/curved style should make a night/day difference up front along with an upgraded number plate.

Will most any cr number plate bolt right up?? It's such a simple design it seems like it definitely would...

The mounting holes on the number plates are different. The cycra plates would probably be your best bet to get an updated look.

Thank you for that information! I think they sell the updated plates for my model year anyway! Just back when I previously owned this bike 4 years ago they did not, but also back then they had all the plastic kits for this bike all over ebay, where as now I literally have to piece it together and UFO is literally the only option. Acerbis makes nothing but replica mix/match kits :gay:

I guess I'm okay with going with UFO stuff. I've just heard alot of complaints about the quality.

eww sorry I hate the monster stuff, especially with red. It looks like christmas on the fender shroud.

I will say that I'm going all white plastics, and have black wheels with red hubs, red brake cleat, red shifter knob, black levers, red grips, red/black bar pad, black sprocket, a bunch of other red accessories hoses, etc. so basically I'd like to keep the main white them but have some red/black for graphics.

Here's my new question fellas...Seat covers...they literally only sell straight BLACK Seat Covers for the 97-99 cr250's and I want the one that is all black but has the WHITE HONDA on the side of it...I found the seat cover I want but it's for an 02-04 or something...Can't I just buy that one and make it fit? It should be damn near perfect size right?

I hate all the restrictions with this year range it's so weird. They have more stuff for older bikes than the 97-99

eww sorry I hate the monster stuff, especially with red. It looks like christmas on the fender shroud.

I will say that I'm going all white plastics, and have black wheels with red hubs, red brake cleat, red shifter knob, black levers, red grips, red/black bar pad, black sprocket, a bunch of other red accessories hoses, etc. so basically I'd like to keep the main white them but have some red/black for graphics.

Here's my new question fellas...Seat covers...they literally only sell straight BLACK Seat Covers for the 97-99 cr250's and I want the one that is all black but has the WHITE HONDA on the side of it...I found the seat cover I want but it's for an 02-04 or something...Can't I just buy that one and make it fit? It should be damn near perfect size right?

I hate all the restrictions with this year range it's so weird. They have more stuff for older bikes than the 97-99

http://www.gutsracing.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=1424

I have gutz soft tall seats on both my Honda and my Beta. On my honda I put a hump in it too for the certain uphills in deep bike swallowing grooves. I love these seats and foam. There are more companies so check them too if you want. I just am sold on these. It's like I'm riding a comfortable couch. :bonk: Ive made a few sales for gutz already. I let some ride my bike and they put their order in..

Awesome but do they sell the seat cover that's all black but has the white honda logo on the side of it? That's the one I really want for this bike.

Awesome but do they sell the seat cover that's all black but has the white honda logo on the side of it? That's the one I really want for this bike.

I'd guess you'd have to just call them up on that one. I don't see why not. You can check some other companies too. I had an sdg tall soft seat on my cr too that may run you cheaper. Shop around just to check and check ebay and all the other companies. In the end gutz putz quality stuff .. you can go there if you want to at the end I would think.