Sign in to follow this  

Which Bike Should I Get?

I'm fixing to buy a new bike. And I'm stuck on what cc to get. I've rode on a 125 and I like it but I also like bigger bikes. I'm only 5'6 and 130 pounds. I'm thinking about getting a 97 KX 250cc 2 Stroke. If someone would just give me an opinion, That'd be great (:

I've been riding since I was young and I stopped for awhile . I kinda figured a 250 was a lil too big. I've found a 01 Honda XR200 and I heard from everyone their really good bikes. I don't want anything to small but I don't want anything to big. It's just for trail riding and I'm gonna be riding for a few years. I'm fixing to be 18 so I'm thinking I won't need to grow into it that much.

But the only problem with it is it won't start. It's been in storage and it has new carb and everything. So I'm thinking maybe the jets need to be cleaned. And even when it is does start it goes dead after a minute. Any ideas?

5'6 130 if you lower the bike a little and have the suspension done you can easily handle a 250 2T

xr 200`s are excellent trail bikes.

YES I'll agree they are as excellent as they are HEAVY..... try something lighter like... KDX 200/220- KTM 200xc/ xcw- CRF 150- YZ/RM/CR/KX 125's....

heavy is a relative term, and the kdx200 and xr200 are pretty close weight wise. The xr will need a good carb cleaning, probably easier to just replace all the jets with new.

I will probably replace the jets . But it also has a brand new carb . I may just go through and replace the pistons and rings as well as a lot of other stuff just to be safe

if youve ridden a 125, and it was fine, an xr 200 will probably feel a bit sluggish and underpowered, i would go for a 200-250 2 stroke, a kdx would be perfect, they are great bikes and are easy to ride. or maybe a ktm xc 200 if you can find one in your price range. you should really have no problemwith the 250 though im only 16, about 130- 140 pounds, and im less than 6 feet, and ive ridden a cr 500 and for my first time it didnt really feel too poweful, but man that bike would've kicked my ass if i challenged it :bonk:

Haha a 450 would so kick my ass . It's just for my 18th birthday I'm getting a lot of people together and were gonna hit tha trails like all day and all night . So I want something easy .

oh, i see your point, but in my opinion an xr 200 wouldnt be any fun, just not enough power. but go for what you feel the best on. but i wouldent buy a bike that wont start forsure, ive had alot of poeple tell me, "oh,the carb just needs to be cleaned", or "it just nees a new head gasket", to then get it home and find out the power valve is stuck open, or that i will get it home and look into the egine and see wrecked bearings or see it needs a new to or bottom end. it is just to much of an investment to take a chance. a general rule for me is: if it dont run, it aint worth shit :bonk:

Haha . So true . But I'm short . I want something I can like stand tip-toe ya know ? Being 5'6" I figured a 200 would be good . But I could always get a 250 and lower it .

Good . Everyone thinks their gonna get on there with me an ride .. I'll jus pop the clutch on purpose, throw em off and keep going . Haha . I ride better by myself