Sign in to follow this  

sidi chargers?

its time for me to pull the trigger on boots, im a long time astar fan but am seeing what else is out there. anyone use the sidi chargers? im looking at them and the sg10's, they are only 10 dollars dif. i know theres alot of gaerne fans, but anyone rock the sidi chargers?

^ im looking at those boots also. i nave an older pair of sidi force whitch are the older version and i like them.

no one has anything good or bad to say about the sidi charger?

been wearing them for about 3 years now,,great boot.break in after 1 ride,light weight.i like em.only come in black.

I had the Chargers for a year or two. Nice quality boot with a couple of problems (for me) If you try a set, you will notice how light they are, they have almost no padding and they did cause me an ankle bruise or two. The othe problem is the ankle pivots stick out and made it very difficult to grip my bike. Got sg 12's now, loving them.

I'll start by saying I only ride mountain trails, never been on a track. I have Chargers, and I love them. They are super comfortable and give me all the protection and support I need. The riding I do requires quite a lot of trail work, with these boots it's easy to walk around and cut trees and do other trail clearing. When this pair wears out, I'll be buying another set.

im going to go to my local shop to try on the gaerne's to see how they fit, but chargers were on the top of my list and id like to put a foot in them before making my decision. no one carries sidi around here though

Get Jett Boots. They are amazing! Most comfortable and lightest boot I've ever worn. And the best part is you can easily and affordably replace the sole and even the upper half of the boot as well as the buckles. And they even have sweet graphics for them!

I've got the Chargers and its the best decison I ever made. I ride nothing but single track. I've had them for about 2 months and have about a dozen rides on them. Don't know if there meant to be but so far have been pretty waterproof. We ride through alot of creeks and they have'nt leaked yet. The cheaper boots leaked on the first creek crossing. Very comfortable and when we get back to camp to take a break I have no desire to take them off like the cheaper ones. Very comfortable to walk in.

I have a pair of Chargers, they are a great boot. Look on the web for deals, they fit true to size as well.

I to was an AStar fan until i tried my Sidi Charger boots, very nice. Well made, break in on one ride, you can really feel the bike under you. I love mine. You can order a pair from motosports and try them on in the house , if you do not like them send them back. Bet you keep them.

i have sidi force boots and im looking at the chargers. my force boots have a very low toe hight even to low how are the charges? also the have 9.5 i alway have to get size10 with other boots. i have a wide foot how is the width

It rubs on the frame protectors, but after one ride, did not notice anything. Like anything else that is different you can get used to the change.

I wouldnt wear Sidi boots if they were free... Wait until you have a nasty get off and those hinges crush your ankle like they did mine.

I rode for 10 years in Alpinestars until I met a Sidi rep who promised these boots were the safest out there. First crash put me out of commision for over a year.

SAY NO TO SIDI

Back in Alpinestars now.