Sign in to follow this  

2006 crf250r to a 2006 crf450r??

alright well i have a 2006 crf250r which i feel very comfortable on and i also have a 03 cr250 which i am comfortable with the power of. i am planning on starting more mx racing and am going to be doing beginner and intermediate class. i weigh 140 pounds with gear and am 5'11 and 16 years old. i have an offer to trade my 06 crf250r for a 06 crf450r which has lots of mods, i was just wondering what you guys think.. should i keep the crf250r and just throw some more mods into it and race it, or should i trade it straight across for the crf450r for mx? and i am not a beginner to mx riding, i have been riding open practices for a few years now. i know i can ride a 450, but im not sure if i need the power or if i will be slower on it... so what do you guys think? thanks

At 140 lb You may have some trouble wiping around the 450. It is considerably heavier than the 250. I would stay with the 250, I think you would be faster on I bike you are comfortable on and have more control over. Just my opinion. I am 6'1 245lb and ride a crf450x and after a day of rideing I feel it.