Sign in to follow this  

Front brake pressure builds too high help

Everytime, im on the track after about 2 laps my front brake pressure builds so high that if i even touch the front brake it locks upo and i cant use it to stay in the rut or ill slide out. The pads still got life, should i try a higher boiling point fluid?

I dont feel that i over use the front brake but i always drag it into turns with deep ruts to stay inside the rut.

Any help is appreciated

Jack 05 crf450

Bleed your brake system, sounds like there is some air trapped inside or possibly moisture, either way you end up getting air in the system (or boiling the moisture which increases volume in a closed circuit system, and as we know air EXPANDS when hot, by far more than the proper fluid does, if your brake is pumping up over time, bleeding it will fix the issue.

almost sounds like you've over filled the master some how.

Yeah good point, the fluid expands by a small amount, that little air gap in the master is the "play" the fluid has during expansion, the increased volume must go somewhere...

other points to check:

stock or aftermarket lever? some aftermarkets have to be clearanced so there is not a drag

have you removed the lever and clean where the lever contacts the plunger. If there is any dirt there, it can drag the system.

You could also check the piston seals in the caliper. I've had worn seals causing my breaks to drag. Not shure if they could cause the brakes to lock up thoug...

Ya ill check those things and bleed it, i dont get it, it becomes unusable. It either locks up te wheel or i dont use it.