Steering dampner for XR400 with CRF forks?

Thinking about a steering dampner for my dualsport XR400 with CRF forks. Anybody have any recommendations? Seeing as I have mixed components, will I need a custom setup? Is my only option as far as the post is concerned, to get the one that clamps to the oil filler neck? Thanks.

scotts all the way...i have the weld-on post on my stock-front-end xr400, if you have crf triple clamp,(upper), then you may have other options...if you call scotts and tell them what you have they will dial you in, beware of one thing......once you have a dampner, you will never want to ride without one again...i promise.

Oil mount post and top clamp mount works fine.

I've had couple different set-ups on my xr4 w/Crf front end. When rc high bars are not tall enough you have to get creative... I currently have brp sub mount machined and turn "backwards", still using oil mounted post but cut down.

The pain with using the oil mounted post is you need to remove your top clamp to fill oil... As the Crf top tree is thicker and does not allow cap and holder to be removed. If you file apposing angles on trees and holder it remedies this.