Sign in to follow this  

Frigid DR-Z

MAN!!!!!!

i miss my handwarmers! i broke a wire awhile ago and pull the set up off the bike because it was summer at the time and thought that i would fix it or buy a new set before the winter really hit.

i took a later shift at work this morning and figured it would be a little more warm seeing that its later in the morning.....boy was i wrong...i geared up, full get-up, thought that would be enough knowing that i didnt have my warmers to take the brunt:banghead: it was 35f when i left this morning. i got into the valley and the temp dropped another 6 degs. doing 65mph!!!!!!!!

two cups of coffee and a maxed out heater and im still frozen

im thinking of heading into cycle gear this afternoon and finding a cheap pair to tide me over till i find a solid pair.

why do i ride year round?.................oh yeah!, cause the drz is that much fun:thumbsup:

-3 here at the moment dame chilli ;D

wow!!! thats chili.

its up to about 41f here.. by the time i leave work im guessing it will be back in the 30's.

im have about 4 layers and insulated gear but its still freezing. i dont remember complaining all these year before......i must be getting older:banghead:

You Kali boys make me laugh, latex gloves under you riding gloves a few extra layers and your good to go.

You Kali boys make me laugh, latex gloves under you riding gloves a few extra layers and your good to go.

I don't know why I'm complaining. My normal commute during winter is at 6am and is avg. 25f. Today I just felt like being a wussy:smirk:

Im in northern Kali where the weather is nice but winters can be hard. It's killing my battery and making for difficult starts. I guess it's time for a heater in the garage

Good to see you guys are enjoying your winter...LOL :)
warming up here ... perth western :lol:

It got warm about 3 here today right around 48f. It's now about 37f. When I rode home tonight it was a wonderfully warm 41f

Winter gear, buy a road suit..

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/42/36/ITEM/Firstgear-Thermo-One-Piece-Suit.aspx

Get one size larger then normal.

Wear it over the top of your work clothes, get to work, unsnap and zip, step out of suit hang it up, go to work.

Cycle Gear sells the "TrackSide" grip heaters, they work as well as any of the under grip, "tape" style heater pads.

And regular summer gloves for protection inside “Elephant Ears” are far better than any fingered winter glove in my opinion.

versys092.jpg