Sign in to follow this  

Omega X1 vs K1

I'm planning on picking up one of them and have found reasonable deals on both,however the K1 can be had for around $60 less. My question is,are the two braces different enough to warrant me paying that much more for the X1? I'm a casual weekend guy who rides mostly PNW single and double track with 2 or 3 trips a year to the more open areas of eastern WA. I do plan to try my luck in a hare scramble or two this year,but other than that it will just be trail rides with family and friends. I'm only getting a brace because I have two young boys,and anything I can do to cut down on the chances of a freak accident is money well spent to me. Any insight would be appriciated.

That's a great deal,but I can still get the K1 for quite a bit less. I'm hoping somebody who has worn both can give me an opinion on how much of a difference the lower profile makes in the real world. Safety wise,they seem to be equal,and in the end,I guess that should be enough of an answer to my question,but I'm still curious about how they feel the 99.9% of the time that you aren't landing on your neck.