Speedmetal HID 6000k

Has anyone had any experience with this HID kit..Its the Speedmetal brand H4 6000k Hid light kit...Plug and play with instructions..It has the actuator style bulb that retracts in and out for high and low beam..Anyway one of the moto shops here in town have these on sale for $54.99..reg$109..I thought that was a fair price for a plug and play kit....

I would really like some feedback on what you think of the kit if you have or have had one of these,,thanks Paul:ride:

that's overpriced for one bulb andballast. 6000k is way too blue. 4300k is ideal. read my DIY dual sport wiring guide thread on the xr250 section.

ballast - www.ebay.com/itm/270851337556?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

bulb - www.ebay.com/itm/H4-HID-Bi-Xenon-4300K-HiLo-H-L-replacement-bulb-X-1-/170509195939?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item27b323daa3

if you have e start make sure you use a relay straight to the battery or a capacitor. otherwise the starter draw will make the light die

Edited by n16ht5

I'm currently experimenting with a HID kit on my xr 600- 90

Already burnt one ballast by connecting it to the white/yellow from the ac regulator. i was meaning to connect it to the black from the recifier.. brainfart. but anyway, it does light up on the black one (new ballast) but only for a couple of seconds. Since i dont have a battery im not sure it'll work, but i'll figure something out.

That's what I was going to say, 6000K has way too much color. I have Sylvania Silverstar Ultras in my truck. They're 4000K, and they're nearly pure white. I think they're just about perfect.

Im using a 5000k bulb, and i think its perfectly fine. not yellow and not blue iether