Sign in to follow this  

Not Completely Happy With Revalve...?

Hey all..ive been facing a problem recently with my 2011 kx250f..i am 185lbs 6"0 amateur..i got it revalved (Used racetechs gold valve series and got it installed professionally) changed the rear shock spring from a 5.1 to a 5.4 as recommended by racetech and here is where im havin the problem the front spring as said by every magazine out ther that it is quite undersprung..according to racetech they recommended a .922, the stock is a 9.0..so i simply just stuck with the stock..my speed has changed alot, the front end really feels harsh..had the same problem with the rear(in certain hard tracks) but a couple clicks softer on the compression and a click harder on the rebound,made it feel nice and plush..but the front is not really changing, i tried a couple clicks softer and harder today felt kinda ok..but the faster i got i still have the same problem.

On top of all that..today saw that my right fork is leaking so gotta change the seal as well..so now is it better if i go to a stiffer spring (0.96 cuz thats the next stiffer spring rate) or should i try playing with the oil heights and clicks?

Where is the preload adjuster? Stock is 22 in from fully out. Try 32 and 12r 12c see if that helps. But I don't know what the valving is like with? their kit. How much fluid do you have in each leg?

ive got 380 R and 155 L ,Fluid weight 5..some of my friends actually suggested using a heavier oil, but im not sure about that. Today im gonna try and play with the preload a bit and see if that works..is the fluid rate a bit too much? especially on a hard packed track?

i use 10wt maxima in the outer chamber of the valving fork 360cc, and 10wt in the spring fork 155cc.

you are heavier than every rider i've done these forks for. the stiffer spring will help you, but, part of the problem is the pressure spring is very light for riders above 165lbs.

i thought there was a .93 rate available from some manufactures.

i really dont know ive looked and i wasnt really successful..i tried to play around with the suspension..found out that the preload was on full soft ! (i did not touch it ever since i got it revalved) so i tried two clicks hard at a time..i tried to play with the compression as well and i still i could not get that plush feeling..not even close to it

will heavier oil make that much of a difference?

PLease note : The track is mainly hard packs and its very chopped up and got bumps.

When i ride in a softer more loamy track..it feels a bit better..but still the front suspension rapes my arm..i get arm pump from the first 2-3 laps

If you've got 380r and 155l.....this is backwards.

You should have 360 - 380 cc in the left and 155cc in the right leg.

Im sorry i mean 380cc in the left and 155cc in the right..

MV 36, MVP 30, MVC 13, Float 0.35, Rebound Bleed 1.0mm (#60)

i played around with the preload..it did feel a little better..testing it one click at a time..but it still does not feel like it should..it is still harsh

Regarding the rear shock..if i open the high-speed compression a bit..will it help on choppy grounds? its set to 2 turns out