Talk me out of a xr

I was on the fence when I was looking for a DS...XR or DRZ were my two choices. I wanted a woods bike more than a road/freeway bike. The XR is nice but, not for the tight stuff. I went with the DRZ and could not be happier.? The XR carrys more weight up high or so it seemed to me. The DRZ just fit and felt better to me.?

What XR are we talking about???

If it's a 200 it'll be a gut less play bike. If it's a 250 unless you "know the drill" starting it can be more challenging than attempting a 60ft double with it. If it's a 400 it'll be 10hp down on an early E model and will only be 5 pounds less. If it's a 600 a friend that use to own one said that you never idled it on the trail because all of the engine heat will cook you, but you NEVER shut it off because they are pigs to start ~ "IF" they start.

On the DRZ side you may have noticed that the aftermarket is very extensive, even more so than it is for any XR model. So you buy one and mod it into "your bike", and to me that has value well beyond what any other machine has to offer. And if by chance you do get tired of your DRZ the resale is still very strong, where as the XR's have been out of production for a number of years and that really has effected their resale value as they now have a perception of them being older than what they really are.

I presume you are talking about XR400?...

There is more potential development in a DRZ engine than the SOHC honda

XR has good low to mid range power , but top end is average ..

If you are mostly off road the XR400 Verses S/SM ,the honda would be lighter and more nimble.

Mostly on road the S/SM would be the choice...

Now if you talking plated E verses the XR...The "Real E" would be my choice..?

I presume you are talking about XR400?...

There is more potential development in a DRZ engine than the SOHC honda

XR has good low to mid range power , but top end is average ..

If you are mostly off road the XR400 Verses S/SM ,the honda would be lighter and more nimble.

Mostly on road the S/SM would be the choice...

Now if you talking plated E verses the XR...The "Real E" would be my choice..?

I agree and would add that a well prepped "S" is comparable to the "E" albeit much more pricey to accomplish than a plated "E" or "K" DRZ

I am a huge fan of the XR400 but the electric start and more modern ergos and styling swayed me to build a DRZ over the XR400 plus the DRZ is 50 state legal which made it a no brainer for me.