Sign in to follow this  

Some before and after pics

Here are some before and after pics of my 2006 230f. Thanks to all who helped me through the process. And no 150ron no skid plate yet lol

Mods 06 crf230f:

Removed air snorkel and baffle

Mike Coe jetting

CRFs Only needle

Uni filter

Pro Circuit Exhaust

03 CR125R Complete Front End

Works Pro Shock

Dunlop MX51 front and rear tire

JT 14 tooth front sprocket

Renthal 50t aluminum sprocket

Renthal R1 chain

Renthal Fat Bar with Tusk riser

Acerbis Rally Pro Handguards

Renthal half waffle grips

Turntech Battery

DecalMX and FX graphics

DSCN0445.jpg

DSCN0443.jpg

DSCN0446.jpg

DSCN0448.jpg

DSCN0452.jpg

DSCN0453.jpg

DSCN0455.jpg

Edited by wpb230f

Thanks Guys!!!!! Believe me I spent hours reading your posts. so all of yall had a part in how it would come out. There are a lot of nice bikes ya'll have built, Ebeck's bike was the start. Yea i definately need to get that kickstand extended an inch or two, I can't touch the ground. Ron, it would take quite a bit to be street legal and thats really not what I built it for. That orange thing in back of one of the pics is for the road. Thanks Again wpb230f

Thanks Rikky, Your bike looks great too. My front end is 03CR125R complete I used the Emig Racing steering stem,little pricy but was bolt on using new 230 bearings. Also used CR brakes,the brake line is a little longer and they bolt right on. Much easier to get CR parts than 230 parts. Used a Reger Engineering steering stop. And modded the gas tank. The forks were shortened and revalved(Im only 5'5). Waiting for wave rotor,hopefully little lighter. This week I changed the stock kill button with better looking aftermarket unit. Also got rid of big start button and wired in aftermarket kill swith for starter much cleaner look.

This is awesome. Have you ridden with the new suspension setup? How much did the 125 forks cost you in total? I need to figure out a new suspension setup for my 230 and am looking for the cheapest possible route--finding a junker 125, 150 or 250 and grafting the front end onto the 230.

Hey Professor, Ive only got to ride once and it wasnt comrpletely done yet. Seemed like a different bike!! I still have to have the Works shock revalve and adjusted. Probaly next week Ill get it dialed in. The complete front end is CR125R I got on ebay $350. I used tne Emig Racing steering stem, just had it pressed in lower clamp, easy bolt on with 230 bearing. Kinda costy at $180with top tree bushing. Mine are shortened (only 5'5)and revalved which you might not need. Good luck let me know if theirs anything I can help. wpb230f

Thanks Rikky, Your bike looks great too. My front end is 03CR125R complete I used the Emig Racing steering stem,little pricy but was bolt on using new 230 bearings. Also used CR brakes,the brake line is a little longer and they bolt right on. Much easier to get CR parts than 230 parts. Used a Reger Engineering steering stop. And modded the gas tank. The forks were shortened and revalved(Im only 5'5). Waiting for wave rotor,hopefully little lighter. This week I changed the stock kill button with better looking aftermarket unit. Also got rid of big start button and wired in aftermarket kill swith for starter much cleaner look.

Thanks man. Thanks for the info too. It makes want to go send more money. Lol. I might hit you up with some questions when I do my conversion. Good luck man.

Thanks Rikky, Its really easy just a matter of cash. I would do the rear first. Let me know if I can help. wpb230f Oh yea, I mean with info not the cash part lol

Thanks Guys!!!!! Believe me I spent hours reading your posts. so all of yall had a part in how it would come out. There are a lot of nice bikes ya'll have built, Ebeck's bike was the start. Yea i definately need to get that kickstand extended an inch or two, I can't touch the ground. Ron, it would take quite a bit to be street legal and thats really not what I built it for. That orange thing in back of one of the pics is for the road. Thanks Again wpb230f

How's the Mike Coe jetting set up? You like it? feed back.

I just picked up the PC exhaust and need to re-jet...

Nice looking bike! I'm right behind you. :bonk:

Good to know with all the jetting talk on here. That was the take I got was to "Go Coe" :smirk:

Totally. I think I researched for about three weeks debating between the CRFs Only kit and Coe's kit. In the end, I made the right decision by a landslide.:bonk:

My big thing is I don't want to be screwing around, I want to jet my bike once and be done.

Just want to ride..T4, re-jet & a couple other mods down the road and hit it. :bonk:

My big thing is I don't want to be screwing around, I want to jet my bike once and be done.

Just want to ride..T4, re-jet & a couple other mods down the road and hit it. :smirk:

I'm in the same boat, man. I can't tell you the amount of times I've had the carbs off of my ZRX1200 due to exhaust system changes (I'm on my fourth one).:bonk: I told myself I was only jetting the dirt bike once, and it worked out that way.

I actually emailed Mike and this is what he told me to do for the 230:

'03-'05 CRF230F needle, clip 4th from top

120 Main

48 Pilot

1 1/2 turns on the mixture screw

*He says DO NOT mess with the stock airbox--leave it the way it is

*If you get the CRFs Only mixture screw, your life will be insanely easier, especially if you have a newer 230 with that mixture screw that requires that awful D bit.

*It took a few trials with the mixture screw, but I found that 1 1/2 is just about right.

You can hear the full T4 exhaust with Mike's jetting here:

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat, man. I can't tell you the amount of times I've had the carbs off of my ZRX1200 due to exhaust system changes (I'm on my fourth one).:bonk: I told myself I was only jetting the dirt bike once, and it worked out that way.

I actually emailed Mike and this is what he told me to do for the 230:

'03-'05 CRF230F needle, clip 4th from top

120 Main

48 Pilot

1 1/2 turns on the mixture screw

*He says DO NOT mess with the stock airbox--leave it the way it is

*If you get the CRFs Only mixture screw, your life will be insanely easier, especially if you have a newer 230 with that mixture screw that requires that awful D bit.

*It took a few trials with the mixture screw, but I found that 1 1/2 is just about right.

You can hear the full T4 exhaust with Mike's jetting here:

Mine is a 2007.

So go with '03-'05 needle?

Great info.