Looking to join challanging riding crew !!!

Hey guys I have just moved in to Denver area from NJ state. I was doing a lot of hare scramble series in NJ in Group A. I`m looking for guys riding single tracks and overall hard terrain. Than harder than better? HELP ME !!!

Edited by astrofil

Heh right forgive me my spelling I`m European and English is my second language so I`m doing my best to type correctly :bonk:

I heard about Taylor Park already. Thx and I think you should read my post more carefully despite wrong spelling, because I didn`t ask where to ride but for hard core guys to ride with , anyway.....

Edited by astrofil

If the weather allows, our group will be heading over to the western slope on the 30th and 31st. We will probably hit Sidewinder one day, and Rabbit Valley/Westwater the next. Check out Vid’s of Sidewinder and Rabbit Valley on YouTube to see if it is what you are looking for. It is some fun singletrack but not extremely technical. Ut does require their own off road sticker. Let me know if you are interested.

CoKTM

The last time I checked the UDOT cameras it looked like the Swell and Moab areas were still free of major snow. Trails like 5 Miles Of Hell and others are still rideable I would guess. How far do want to drive to ride. This time of year you don't have many choices.

Hey guys I have just moved in to Denver area from NJ state. I was doing a lot of hare scramble series in NJ in Group A. I`m looking for guys riding single tracks and overall hard terrain. Than harder than better :bonk: HELP ME !!!

The VDR Harescramble last Sunday (next: Jan 8th) had really tough conditions- like racing on pig shnot covered ice for 2+ hours. Can't see January's race being that much different. Come out and see if you can avoid being dismounted for 2 hours.

Bryan

2011-12-11 16.00.25.jpg

If the weather allows, our group will be heading over to the western slope on the 30th and 31st. We will probably hit Sidewinder one day, and Rabbit Valley/Westwater the next. Check out Vid’s of Sidewinder and Rabbit Valley on YouTube to see if it is what you are looking for. It is some fun singletrack but not extremely technical. Ut does require their own off road sticker. Let me know if you are interested.

CoKTM

I have been in Moab 3 weeks ago. Great place! I have the UT sticker already.

I`m flying to NJ for Christmas and all depends how long I will be there. If I get back 30th I will definitely go . I will be in touch.

The VDR Harescramble last Sunday (next: Jan 8th) had really tough conditions- like racing on pig shnot covered ice for 2+ hours. Can't see January's race being that much different. Come out and see if you can avoid being dismounted for 2 hours.

Bryan

I don`t have studs in my tires yet. They are little pricy so I will wait little bit with that. Thanks anyway and keep in touch if any riding with no studs.

I have been in Moab 3 weeks ago. Great place! I have the UT sticker already.

I`m flying to NJ for Christmas and all depends how long I will be there. If I get back 30th I will definitely go . I will be in touch.

Sounds good... Let me know.

Coktm

I don`t have studs in my tires yet. They are little pricy so I will wait little bit with that. Thanks anyway and keep in touch if any riding with no studs.

Oh, we weren't using studs. The soil was frozen, the top few inches was a combination of snow, water and muddy-clay slop. VERY difficult conditions.

Studs would've helped, don't know if you can run them.

If you are back, pay the $35 and line up on the 8th.

Bryan

CoKTM

CoKTM-

I live in Moab and will be getting back from Nicaragua on the ~28th. I will have been gone for 3+ weeks and I'm already fiending for riding. would you be willing to have a Moabite join ya if it works out?

CoKTM-

I live in Moab and will be getting back from Nicaragua on the ~28th. I will have been gone for 3+ weeks and I'm already fiending for riding. would you be willing to have a Moabite join ya if it works out?

No problem if you want to meet up with us. Hopefully the weather cooperates. Sidewinder is a fun singletrack loop with some good technical sections. We can put a 60+ mile loop together at Rabbit Valley/Westwater that has a bit of everything. Pray to the weather gods and get in touch after Christmas.

CoKTM

I've heard Sidewinder is pretty good and I've never ridden Peach Valley so that should be fun! I've only been on the rim trail (don't know the real name) and a couple of other ST's around RV so that will be good to ride with folks that know the area.....lots of roads and trails out there.

Hopefully all of the stars align, weather looks good and I remember about this in two weeks. Thanks!

When trails open back up I'd be more than happy to show you the fun and technical stuff around us. Some within an hour or so drive :-) You'll be beat less than an hour in, and we'll ride for 7-9 hours daily. In the meantime, let me know when you want to do some winter riding. LHC will give you an idea of what we have here...

mylsmkj / astrofil, the long term forcast is looking pretty good out west. We’ll keep watching the weather.

CoKTM

OK guys, unless the weather changes we are good to go. Let me know if you’re interested.

CoKTM