carb Vent lines for deep water

can someone remind me which carb vent lines to run up high for deep water? is it the two that come straight out both of the sides?

Bikes I need to reroute, cr250r, ktm450 exc-r, and a gasgas sixdays250

last time I did deep water in the 450 it stalled within seconds of those lines going under water, thank god I was quick with the button, no wet boots that time

On my 2002 KTM 400 EXC I eliminated two of the vent lines hanging down by the swing arm and created one that goes up under the seat and down into the airbox. On each side of the carburetor you have lines that run down and also lines that run up and over the top of the carburetor and down the other side. I took both lines that run up and joined them to each other in a tee, effectively eliminating two lines from hanging down by the swingarm. Where the two lines are connected at the tee I ran a single line from the tee up under the seat. It works great. I have never had a problem with water crossings since.

If you take a big glass of water and submerge those carb vents in that glass of water while the bike is running on a stand, the bike will die in a few moments. With the above modification the bike runs fine. Try it for yourself.? -Paul