Sign in to follow this  

Florida Perry Mountain 24hour Challenge 2012

June 4th and 5th

Cant wait i am putting together my team now

anyone else going

that place is awesome if u have never been u should :lol:

A couple of riding buddies who race with me in FTR have been "discussing" the idea. One of them has done the race the last couple of years. We are all very close in riding ability/speed. We are old farts so we would ride as much as we could stand/tolerate then just have a good time. Sounds like a good "bucket list" event.

Mark C

Master B FTR

Oh that looks a blast! I viewed some videos on Youtube. Wow, that could be a ton of fun.:bonk::thumbsup:

How much insurance you got on her? Hoping to cash in? :bonk::lol::smirk:

Scott H. and Pat V. have been talking about it. The only drawback is if you do one of the team events you can only have 2 bikes so whose bike gets "thrashed" for the race? If you do the Duo class you can't win money but you can get a class win and you are allowed 2 bikes one being impounded. Not sure how that works. I was hoping we could ride our own bikes and that might be an option in the Duo class.

Mark C

How much insurance you got on her? Hoping to cash in? :bonk::lol::smirk:

Scott H. and Pat V. have been talking about it. The only drawback is if you do one of the team events you can only have 2 bikes so whose bike gets "thrashed" for the race? If you do the Duo class you can't win money but you can get a class win and you are allowed 2 bikes one being impounded. Not sure how that works. I was hoping we could ride our own bikes and that might be an option in the Duo class.

Mark C

I got an old DRZ e model we can beat on. Very reliable, takes a beating, has a rekluse...not pretty to look at, but able to make it!!

I had one of those and they are indestructible as a tank but just as heavy!

Need to get more info on the bike situation from my friend who rode it last year. I think they did the 2 person teams and each person rode thier own bike.

Mark C

I had one of those and they are indestructible as a tank but just as heavy!

Need to get more info on the bike situation from my friend who rode it last year. I think they did the 2 person teams and each person rode thier own bike.

Mark C

This one is the E model which is about 20 lbs lighter, which means.....its still heavy :smirk: Really its not bad, I throw it around croom as well as most others bikes......its fun to be able to pin the throttle, never happening for me on a 450!

The duo teams mean each person rides 12 hours? Not sure, if so, better bring the monkey butt powder. Thats alot of hours.....some crazy bastards ride the whole race themselves :bonk: