Sign in to follow this  

Took the DRZ on a a trip up Pacific Coast Highway with some buddies today

Gotta love California...looks like my 10% sunshine tax is being put to good use. A few buddies of mine took a trip up the coast today, our destination? Marshall Store for amazing oysters. I took the inland route on the way in, rode the PCH on the way out.

I'm not sure if there's anything better than a newly repaved road, a bike, and no traffic. Miles, and miles of twisties. I was seriously heaven. 200 miles is a lonnnnng ride though. :lol:

Next time...I'm gonna take a F430 or Gallardo.

IMG_2785.jpg

Quick pit stop in behind the Golden Gate Park

IMG_2790.jpg

Final gear change

IMG_2791.jpg

December?

IMG_2795.jpg

Parked on the side of the PCH

IMG_2796.jpg

SV650 and a Monster 1100

IMG_2802.jpg

Quick fill up in Point Reyes

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

Final destination

IMG_2807.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

Heaven

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

PCH on the way home

IMG_2858.jpg

This guy followed me for 5 miles while I was carving up the twisties. It was awesome!

IMG_2872.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

Hmm, that's weird that TT scales the images down. If you copy the image link, they are all 1024x768 if you want to save any.

Nice man... I rode north from there....up to stewarts point and over skaggs road.... With a fun detour up kruse ranch road....

Was a nice day to ride for sure.

2011-12-10_12-56-10_16.jpg

2011-12-10_12-56-53_135.jpg

Edited by sbootsma

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2872.jpg

The Golden Gate bridge

IMG_2876.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

sweet! the weather here has been pretty awesome, but.....cold!

cant beat a nice shot of the bridge from the headlands:thumbsup:

how far north did you ride? i haven't got down to tomale's for awhile. some good fishing right there, we go for bat rays and leopard shark off the jetty there.

Nice man... I rode north from there....up to stewarts point and over skaggs road.... With a fun detour up kruse ranch road....

how was skaggs? there has been more and more LEO out there on patrol cracking down on the road racers.

kruse ranch is my old stomping ground, born and raised in cazadero and still have a house out there.

i have been keeping to napa and lake county for good rides these days.

heres a pic from my last ride up the coast......500 miles and on the way home i pit stopped at goat rock...

87fab48b.jpg

Every time the wife and I go camping in big sur I cry at the lack of bike - PCH is just awesome.

sweet! the weather here has been pretty awesome, but.....cold!

cant beat a nice shot of the bridge from the headlands:thumbsup:

how far north did you ride? i haven't got down to tomale's for awhile. some good fishing right there, we go for bat rays and leopard shark off the jetty there.

I know, right? December...haha!

I think I'm gonna get a FastTrak so I don't have to pay $6 tolls on the bridge next time :bonk:

Only rode up to get oysters at the Marshall Store, so 20-30 miles from Point Reyes?

heres a pic from my last ride up the coast......500 miles and on the way home i pit stopped at goat rock...

Nice! 500 miles...one day?? I was feeling the last 40 miles home and I only rode 200 :bonk:

Got a route I can check out?

Got a route I can check out?

it was a two day 500 miles trip that was just perfect. i have the seat concepts seat so it wasnt bad at all.

skaggs is a long drive. you can take hwy 1 all the way up past jenner through point arena and turn on stewarts springs/ skaggs springs road and it will take you all the way to hwy 101 in healdsburg. long and fun with a bt of everything.

you'd be better off taking hwy 29 to napa and heading out to lake berryessa and hitting up all the roads out there that can take you all the way through ukiah and down mt. st. helena.

it was a two day 500 miles trip that was just perfect. i have the seat concepts seat so it wasnt bad at all.

skaggs is a long drive. you can take hwy 1 all the way up past jenner through point arena and turn on stewarts springs/ skaggs springs road and it will take you all the way to hwy 101 in healdsburg. long and fun with a bt of everything.

you'd be better off taking hwy 29 to napa and heading out to lake berryessa and hitting up all the roads out there that can take you all the way through ukiah and down mt. st. helena.

there's an autozone in ukiah (101) if you need a quick-fix part, not much else around that i remember on 1. if you get to Fort Bragg, take highway 20 to Willits (willits is on 101) and be aware of the 10 MPH turn warning signs... they tell truths !!!! when you drop into the heavily tree covered cooler areas be careful of the slick spots from condensation falling on the road with sap. in willits, eat at The Loose Caboose... or the tiny mexican place on main street.

if you do go there, please do me a favor and shoot the willits WELCOME neon sign from the front and the back... it's been 6 years since we've been there, and i'd really like to see it again.

ride safe !