Sign in to follow this  

Will XR250 plastics fit on a XR200R

I have a 1996 XR200R, i ordered the front and rear fender for it. They re from a 1990 XR200, I think they should fit because the CRF450 fender fit. I cant find any used XR200 side panels, just XR250 side panels. The guy I got the bike had painted the plastics black, It chipped off, what could possibly take the black off to make em white again or is that possible

If you want updated plastic, you are going to either put your motor in a CRF230/150f roller, or do some fabbing to make it work. There's just no other way around it. Other than the front number plate and the front fender.

Maier make replacement side covers for the 1986 to 2002 model xr200r can even get them in red. You will never find the sidecover that covers the exhaust side, used on ebay they melt if not kept mounted properly away from the exhaust. Many people are looking constantly for that sidecover used they very rarely come up for sale on ebay. The rear fender is also available as an aftermarket part not sure if its maier, acerbis or who but they are out there.

Maier is the just about the only manufacturer to make plastics for the xr200r. Trust me, I've searched high and low for aftermarket plastic. Any universal front fender (Acerbis, Polisport, etc..) will fit but the rear fender and side panels will be from Maier. And tlrmark is right, you can get them in white, orange or the Honda flash red. used side panels can be found on eBay from asia (Thailand, Philippines, etc...) but they are few and far between. Side panels from Maier-USA run $77.64 (#20610) and $78.64 from XRs Only (xrsonly.com).