Sign in to follow this  

California FOJ Fencing EP15

I have noticed that "they" are still placing even more peeler log barricades in the El Pasos/EP15.

As we were leaving EP15 a few days ago, we saw a "Friends of Jawbone" Utility Truck with an attached auger to install fence posts, License "RDesert", leaving. I assume that our green sticker funds/contributions fund this FOJ vehicle to install additional barricades in the El Pasos which I did not think were part of FOJ jurisdiction.

Swell. Thanks Ed Waldheim, et al...

A Sthil 044 will make short work of the posts, but the wire will take the chain right off the bar. Shit is too thick to cut with diagonals or run of the mill wire cutters. We'll need something a bit heavier duty...

It's ****ing sickening... So called advocates of the riding community fencing shit off just long enough to save it for Green Energy to mow flat for their pinwheels...

Thanks but no thanks... :lol:

$200,000 of green sticker funds was granted for 4 auger equipped trucks if I remember correctly. And they have been busy using them as far as El Mirage. On the flip side Ed has had a lot to do with keeping El Pasos open... so it's a double edged sword.

I'll only need 1% (about $2,000.00) worth of that green fundage to cut bike-only gates into that fence every 1/8th mile or so... Where do I apply?

I'm still confused about which side of the fences to ride on. I'm dyslexic so I always get confused....:lol::smirk:

• Like 1

I'm still confused about which side of the fences to ride on. I'm dyslexic so I always get confused....:lol::smirk:

Follow me Bill, I know which side..:)

(A Sthil 044 will make short work of the posts, but the wire will take the chain right off the bar. Shit is too thick to cut with diagonals or run of the mill wire cutters. We'll need something a bit heavier duty...) Chad, I've got an MS361 and don't have a problem with 24" oak and once it's down the wire is easy to ride over........no cutting needed

I will have to say, the way to slow this down is an audit. only 25% of

our fund is supposed to go to "Restoration" 50% O&M and 25% law enforcement

If you look at the work being done in those areas, its quite apparent those

numbers are not being applied by law (SB 742)

I have not been up on EP15 a while, But I assume they are fencing the wilderness boundary

And yes El Pasos is FOJ territory, they are paying for the site stuard at Bickle, Its all Ridgecrest district

Jawbone/Dove is done, Rands are done, Afton and the ORDs were done long ago by Barstow

Next is El Pasos, then on to Cuddyback

It all makes me ill, I been done with this for quite a while

Have Fun

Wayne

I will have to say, the way to slow this down is an audit. only 25% of our fund is supposed to go to "Restoration" 50% O&M and 25% law enforcement

If you look at the work being done in those areas, its quite apparent those numbers are not being applied by law (SB 742)

Have Fun

Wayne

Depending on how the grant request was worded, funding could have come out of the O&M category.

25% of the total money for OHV grants is for Restoration projects. Each grant doesn't have to have a 25% limit for a restoration project. And there is up to an additional $1.1 million each year added to the restoration projects from money left over in the pre-SB742 restoration fund.

Ride on

Brewster

Imagine the uproar if the state used boat registration money to drain lakes! That's exactly the crap we've had done to us. But being the whimps and whiners we are, we just roll over and take it.

I have no idea what to do, I do know that I will not support any group that thinks it's acceptable to close any more trails. I think the measure of sucess is adding trails, not stemming the loss.

• Like 1

I will have to say, the way to slow this down is an audit. only 25% of

our fund is supposed to go to "Restoration" 50% O&M and 25% law enforcement

If you look at the work being done in those areas, its quite apparent those

numbers are not being applied by law (SB 742)

I have not been up on EP15 a while, But I assume they are fencing the wilderness boundary

And yes El Pasos is FOJ territory, they are paying for the site stuard at Bickle, Its all Ridgecrest district

Jawbone/Dove is done, Rands are done, Afton and the ORDs were done long ago by Barstow

Next is El Pasos, then on to Cuddyback

It all makes me ill, I been done with this for quite a while

Have Fun

Wayne

The conversations between the Green Sticker folks and the Agencies and Ed are pretty detailed about what can or can not be used in what category. I doubt an audit will find much open for debate... but as you said it could distract management a bit and maybe slow on the ground projects. Not sure it would do much really.

I agree that 395 is next on the list. It is considered to be an unmanaged MESS by Ed. Gonna be ugly when they get to that side of Fremont Valley. The lack of pinch points in the open areas will help a bit as it will take massive dollars to buy all the fencing they would need. I don't think the FOJ-BLM even has the money for signage at this time... never mind the fencing. And the future of the Green fund is unknown at best. Jerry might just spend it elsewhere.

But as long as there is a Green fund FOJ will apply for and receive grants better than anyone else in the grant writing business. They need projects to write a grant. When the funds come and get spent on fencing, signage and auger enabled F350s someone in CC is making money. That makes Ed popular in the community regardless of how we (OHVers) interpret the actions.

The man is tenatious... the organization highly active... the agenda driven largely by one person with no one able to present themselves as an effective alternative at this time. You can ride along side this tsunami and try to nudge it a bit... or divert some of it to your own special projects... but I don't see how it can be stopped until it has run it's course.

Even when Ed's own plaque resides at the Husky Monument I can't envision a unified driving force in the greater CC area. FOJ will follow his path but with a smaller voice. Others will try to step in with same or different points of view. I expect the OHV effort to be less politically connected... fractured... and largely ineffective at preserving our sport.

Some will hail Ed's legacy... some will vandalize his memory... none will fill his shoes no matter your position on the issues.

IMHO

Depending on how the grant request was worded, funding could have come out of the O&M category.

25% of the total money for OHV grants is for Restoration projects. Each grant doesn't have to have a 25% limit for a restoration project. And there is up to an additional $1.1 million each year added to the restoration projects from money left over in the pre-SB742 restoration fund.

Ride on

Brewster

I get your point, but there is another dimension to this as well, And a Email

received from Ed this morning confirmed, The plan for the El Paso cappa is

not even finished and they are closing trails they are not even 100% sure

if they are going to be added to the inventory.

FOJ has a pretty crafty grant person and im sure that verbage you speak

of must be there, Because it does not take a rocket scientist to do the

math on O&M vs Restoration in that area, Matter of fact they could be

completely reversed from what I have seen.

My position on this will get back to those people, and I will get some flack

but to be honest, I just dont plain give a shit any more

I will ride until they put a fence on my dirt access roads from my house

Wayne

• Like 1

The conversations between the Green Sticker folks and the Agencies and Ed are pretty detailed about what can or can not be used in what category. I doubt an audit will find much open for debate... but as you said it could distract management a bit and maybe slow on the ground projects. Not sure it would do much really.

I agree that 395 is next on the list. It is considered to be an unmanaged MESS by Ed. Gonna be ugly when they get to that side of Fremont Valley. The lack of pinch points in the open areas will help a bit as it will take massive dollars to buy all the fencing they would need. I don't think the FOJ-BLM even has the money for signage at this time... never mind the fencing. And the future of the Green fund is unknown at best. Jerry might just spend it elsewhere.

But as long as there is a Green fund FOJ will apply for and receive grants better than anyone else in the grant writing business. They need projects to write a grant. When the funds come and get spent on fencing, signage and auger enabled F350s someone in CC is making money. That makes Ed popular in the community regardless of how we (OHVers) interpret the actions.

The man is tenatious... the organization highly active... the agenda driven largely by one person with no one able to present themselves as an effective alternative at this time. You can ride along side this tsunami and try to nudge it a bit... or divert some of it to your own special projects... but I don't see how it can be stopped until it has run it's course.

Even when Ed's own plaque resides at the Husky Monument I can't envision a unified driving force in the greater CC area. FOJ will follow his path but with a smaller voice. Others will try to step in with same or different points of view. I expect the OHV effort to be less politically connected... fractured... and largely ineffective at preserving our sport.

Some will hail Ed's legacy... some will vandalize his memory... none will fill his shoes no matter your position on the issues.

IMHO

No need to preach to me about Ed, I worked with him for years.

I just dont need this crap any more,

It is considered to be an unmanaged MESS by Ed.

Tough. As much as he thinks it is, the desert is NOT Ed's. He can go ****** and *********. (Fill in with your favorite phrase).

it will take massive dollars to buy all the fencing they would need.

Thank God for that. Maybe there's not enough money in the green fund to actually fence us out.

Jerry might just spend it elsewhere.

That's been my wish for years. LET the state rob us. We'll be MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better off than if they try to HELP us with our money. Hell, I'll pay TRIPLE if they guarantee to rob the greensticker fund and use it elsewhere.

You can ride along side this tsunami and try to nudge it a bit... or divert some of it to your own special projects... but I don't see how it can be stopped until it has run it's course.

Well, seemingly invincible fences blow down. I just saw that all over my side of the valley last week. Tree's down, FENCES down, mayhem everywhere. Common people just don't know what to do when things go sideways. I suspect the desert is not immune to fences and signs blowing down - and probably even a bunch of wreckless mayhem. Maybe even wires breaking..... :banana::smirk::busted:

Even when Ed's own plaque resides at the Husky Monument I can't envision a unified driving force in the greater CC area.

I suspect Ed's plaque won't last long at the monument if it ever gets there.

Let's find a way to help Ed to retire sooner rather than later! :bonk::thumbsup:

How can we make this happen faster. I can't WAIT for his misguided, egotistical "reign" to end and his legacy to begin..... I'd be happier for retirement in another state though...

Luke - come to the dark side..........

darth-vader.jpg

And then.......

I will ride until they put a fence on my dirt access roads from my house

Wayne

Whoa! Did I read that right? Have you crossed over Wayne? :busted::lol: Done trying to get things going in the right direction? Wow. I sure didn't expect that. Maybe I've been out of the loop to long around here. Good for you - :bonk::thumbsup: You know my views, but fighting by playing their game on their turf obviously doesn't work, and I'm saddened to think of all the work you put in to make things better only to come to the realization that it's working against instead of for us. Gotta give you props for trying though.:banana:

bp

PS -

I get your point, but there is another dimension to this as well, And a Email received from Ed this morning confirmed,

Solution for that Wayne? Spam blockers....:smirk:

OK all you talkers, time for action.

Because of the BD law suit, courts have told BLM to redo WEMO so show up and help get your trails designated Open or don't show up and don't bitch when they are closed.

WEMO Sub-Regions Travel Management Planning Scoping Schedule. No locations given, Contact Edy Seehafer from Barstow at eseefaer@blm.gov or Craig Beck from Ridgecrest at cbeck@blm.gov

Jan 1, 2012: I-15 to 8 40, Afton, Broadwell, E of Barstow

Jan 18, 2012: N. Ridgecrest: N. Searles, S. Searles, Darwin, And Sierra

Jan 26, 2012: S and E of SR 247, Juniper, Rattlesake, Joshua Tree, Wonder Valley

Feb 7, 2012: Jawbone, Middle Knob, Lancaster

Feb 9, 2012: N of I-15/SR 58 DWMA ACEC in Barstow FO (7 sub regions)

Feb 14, 2012: S of SR 58 / W of I-15: El Mirage, Kramer Hills, And Iron Mtn

Feb 16, 2012: Ridgecrest, El Paso, Red Mtn, Rand Mtns

Feb 21, 2012: S of I 140/E. of I -15 Pisgah, Ord Mtn, Newberry-Roadman, Johnson Valley, Stoddard

Wasn't preaching... didn't even share my opinion on the matter... just sharing what I have seen that others haven't had the opportunity to witness. We all know you know the inside of this machine better than anyone.