Front fender options for a DRZ-E?

I'm wanting to order new plastic and with some companies offering '02 on up RM yellow as an option I'm getting confused. I'm looking for a new yellow front fender that is a little more modern looking than the somewhat lame stock 2000 DRZ, but I want the color to match the stock DRZ yellow, not that super bright yellow. Any suggestions for a more modern looking fender in the proper color? Thanks

Edited by q2quest

I'm wanting to order new plastic and with some companies offering '02 on up RM yellow as an option I'm getting confused. I'm looking for a new yellow front fender that is a little more modern looking than the somewhat lame stock 2000 DRZ, but I want the color to match the stock DRZ yellow, not that super bright yellow. Any suggestions? Thanks

RM02 yellow will be the brighter version.

RM89-00 yellow will be the mustard yellow.

Thank you. I don't even mind the brighter yellow, I just want all the plastic to be the same color.

Then freshen up the look with a new DRZ Yellow rear fender, and shrouds, plus the New Yellow RM front fender.

Ive done just that to a few DRZ's for folks.

After market Head light (Trail Tech X2 is popular) new yellow plastics, new white side plastics.. Gives the bike a very nice fresh look.

Then freshen up the look with a new DRZ Yellow rear fender, and shrouds, plus the New Yellow RM front fender.

Ive done just that to a few DRZ's for folks.

After market Head light (Trail Tech X2 is popular) new yellow plastics, new white side plastics.. Gives the bike a very nice fresh look.

Are you saying get all the plastics in the newer, brighter RM yellow, or get only the front fender in that color and have the rest of the plastic be the stock yellow? Thanks

Are you saying get all the plastics in the newer, brighter RM yellow, or get only the front fender in that color and have the rest of the plastic be the stock yellow? Thanks

All new plastics, or at least the rear DRZ fender and shrouds, then the RM front fender.. If the white side panels can be cleaned up re use those, as for the head light.. If you use it, swap to an aftermarket for different look and clean new plastic.. If you don’t use the head light, get a Cycra Stadium number plate.

Chooken- It looks like your front fender and shroud are the same color (as they should be), but I was under the impression that the 2003 RM fender was a much brighter color than the standard DRZ mustard yellow. Were you able to get the fender in the original DRZ yellow?

Chooken- It looks like your front fender and shroud are the same color (as they should be), but I was under the impression that the 2003 RM fender was a much brighter color than the standard DRZ mustard yellow. Were you able to get the fender in the original DRZ yellow?

Only the OLDER DRZ's had the mustard yellow.. later (2003 for sure) on had the brighter Yellow, just like the RM.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8556&d=1217689874

2003 DRZ S, RM250 02 Yellow front fender, Cycra Stadium plate, 2003 DRZ OEM Shrouds

attachment.php?attachmentid=17358&stc=1&d=1323596058

fender.jpg

I think the current RMZ fender looks cool. 018.jpg0072.jpg

It does :bonk: look good. Holes were off though and had to be re drilled.. yes? I have a new one on the self for a few years now... ordered by mistake, honestly did not notice till I went to install and the holes did not match, then realized I ordered a RMZ250 fender and not an RM250.... The RM being a direct fit.

If I go back to dirt with the DRZ, I'll have to look at fitting the RMZ one...How is the clearance to the frame down tube and radiators?

The RMZ fender fits easily. The rear holes line up perfect. The front holes need to be drilled. I just made a cardboard template of the old guard and drilled new holes, two longer bolts are required. I also used two spacers for the bolts (actually from the front sprocket cover). The two remaining holes I filled with some Fiberglass resin, but you could probably use silicon or just leave it, personal choice I guess. Clearance wise there are no issues, no washers required and it doesnt touch anywhere.

Also on top of the guard are two locating lugs for the RMZ number plate. I cut two slots in the headlight shroud to locate, but it would be easier to just cut the lugs off.

I know this might sound a bit long winded but it really is straight forward, the whole job probably took about 20 mins. (if that)

The finished look is a personal thing, but I like the way it fills the gap between the headlight and guard.

Cheers Scott.

• 4 years later...