Sign in to follow this  

2011 kx250f lighting kit

I would like to hear from people who have actually installed a lighting kit on either a 2011 or 2012 kx250f. What lighting coil did you use, what lighting kit you used, did you build one yourself, where you bought the parts etc.

I have not done lighting to my KXF, but on other bikes, I have used many products from trail Tech that are wound copper and magnets. The prices are great and the products are rock solid. Off-topic, their X-Bar is the only bar I use anymore for my bikes.

I tapped into the wires fuel injection wires on the steering stem, behind the number plate per a Kawasaki tech. But, I didn't use this for "running" lights rather merely to pass tech inspection for enduros. I used a headlight/tailight from UFO.

he is talking about doing some clever wiring just to pass inspection. The accessory connectors in front of the ECU, for the DFI warning light, dealer service tool and the EFI calibration tool must have some 12V or 5V power lead in them and that could be used to run a light. Probably not a very bright light, but if I were going to put a actual running light with power to ride safely at night, I'd probably not tap into the bikes harness at all, but rather get a lightweight Li polymer battery, a switch, and a good HID light for the front (trail tech has all of this) and get it running as a separate system. This would only last as long as the battery had the juice. To get it to charge, you would need to tap into the wires that go to the capacitor on your 2011 or 12, and then the power generated may not be that great, but perhaps would help charge your battery. You could also get a bigger capacitor and go that route rather than the battery. I do not think there are any production products out there that will increase the output of the stock generator, but you could possibly have it rewound for more watts. Anything is possible with the right amount of cash. I bet you could have a decent system though for a 400 or $500 bucks.

pro racing in the uk have street legal lighting kits for the kxf 250 efi :bonk:

do they run off independent battery for the lights ?